• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams Offering Two (Future) Firsts for Burns

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Are you that certain that Burns doesnt make that one play per game that helps the Rams win football games? Burns has one play per game that stops a scoring drive for us. A pass rusher like Burns helps teams like the Rams win football games.

burns wouldnt have done poo to the 49ers on sunday

The rams have a ton of holes and trading 2 firsts for burns is the ultimate hail mary.  Nobody in that front office will likely be there in 2024 so this is them saying fug it

You have to take this deal

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Are you that certain that Burns doesnt make that one play per game that helps the Rams win football games? Burns has one play per game that stops a scoring drive for us. A pass rusher like Burns helps teams like the Rams win football games.

Who cares? Take the picks and laugh all the way to the bank. After we had years of Peppers and Rucker, Burns isnt even in the same convo. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, I'm talking about a real rebuild.  One we were supposed to do when the Cam era ended and we hired Matt Rhule.    

but yeah, it's a QB league.  It's an offensive league.  That's where it should start IMO.  Draft a QB.  Build your teams around that.  And it takes awhile.   Because it also should revolve around who you have as QB.  The O, the coaches, the scheme, the talent....it should be revolve around that QB. 

Rhule's model was basically to build a team and then plug in a QB that didn't work out elsewhere.  I'm not a fan of continuing down that path.   You can claim the Rams just did it.  Bucs.  I think it leads to a shorter window of potential success. 

So what team can you point to that has successfully pulled off a 'real rebuild' as you define it? Maybe the Bills, but that's the only team I can think of. I guess we disagree on what needs to change fundamentally as well as how far we are from actually competing. I don't know that we need a huge change fundamentally. This team is built to compete with consistent play from even a middling QB. We just haven't had that yet. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its not going to help them, in fact its going to cripple them for years

Who knows they have an open window as long as they have McVay and a franchise QB. Plus they already have the hardware in the trophy case.

1 minute ago, Knaakedup said:

Man, as soon as the phone rang and someone from the Rams said 2 1's I would've hit him with the "Say no more, his flight is booked tonight and would you like any hats or swag for your kids"

Dude I'd fire him in a circus cannon to Inglewood.

zach galifianakis circus GIF by BasketsFX

• Beer 2

Just now, frankw said:

Who knows they have an open window as long as they have McVay and a franchise QB. Plus they already have the hardware in the trophy case.

Stafford is 35 and his play hasnt been good this year.  McVay flirted with retiring last year.  They are going to suck once everyone jumps ship

• Beer 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Dude you do it since its the rams, I just listed like 5 reasons why they will be one of the worst teams in the nfl in a couple of years.

They will not have a qb and they will not have any way to acquire one that isnt pure poo.  Their oline is in shambles as it stands now and their wunderkid coach is getting wooed by Amazon

do the fuging deal fitt

You are thinking in a silo.. The picks are in two years. So its based off of the Rams performance next season and the following. This year they are struggling with injuries and still competitive. Next year they have their core under contract and you are adding Burns... then you look at their division....

49ers
- Barely any draft picks in the upcoiming draft

- Trey Lance is the only QB on the roster

- only 34 players on their roster next year with 3 pciks in the draft and 15mil in cap space

Cardinals

- Most likley  a fired head coach

- QB eating a poo load of cap space and not performing on game day

- Their roster is built for an air raid offense and the new coach defintely wont be running that, so there will be roster turnover

Seahawks

- No QB on the roster

- OC will become a HC; so a new offense will be installed 

-plenty of draft capital and salary cap

You have to look at this holistically, and not scream with confidence that the Rams are going to suck. Their division's future is in flux. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Stafford is 35 and his play hasnt been good this year.  McVay flirted with retiring last year.  They are going to suck once everyone jumps ship

Aaron Donald flirted with retirement as well. Imagine those guys leave and Cooper Kupp gets injured or something. All of a sudden we’re talking top 5 picks.

• Pie 1