• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams Offering Two (Future) Firsts for Burns

6 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

You don't give up a DE on a rookie deal for peanuts (and 2 first rounders is peanuts) for the potential Burns still has at a position of importance to winning the division and Super Bowl. I want 3 first round picks AND 2 promising young players at a position other than RB or 2 2nd's and I MIGHT consider it.

So Brian Burns the guy who admitted to blowing the game Sunday. The guy that has never made a game winning play. The guy who has never taken over a game. The guy that always comes up short in big moments. 

That's the guy you want to hang your hat on?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, WestPanthers said:

Take it and never look back.

We need more draft picks to attract the New coach vacancies.

We will get plenty of interest regardless and this trade means we have to fill two of the most important positions in football instead of one...

• Pie 1

Just now, frankw said:

Insisting on trying to get us to take Akers off their hands is reason enough for me to tell the prices to kick rocks. Nobody wants your washed up quitter running back.

He's connected to our current OC as well.

But if we were to hire Waldron, I don't necessarily think he'd keep Ben McAdoo around.

(maybe as a QB coach, I suppose)

12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

😂 C’mon, we don’t have enough holes to need two 1st round picks in addition to our 3 firsts from 2023-2025?

How about a QB, DE x 2, DT, LB, WR, TE, RB, CB and S?

That’s 10 spots we easily could improve with a 1st round pick. You don’t want a Parsons, Linderbaum/Humphrey, Surtain, etc?

This is getting silly when you say a team that’s been 17-40 with Brian Burns couldn’t use 2 1sts and use the cap space savings to sign someone like Tyreke Hill or Corbett plus Reddick.

You are creating a hole by trading Burns, and staggering the years when you are able to fill it. Also, why would we need a first round pick to fill those suggested positions? I dont see a need to spend a first on a CB, RB, S, or WR.... Why spend a first on a DE when you already have one proven on the roster that is young? 

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

What did the Bears give up for Mack? He was an elite pass rusher at the time…

The Bears traded two first-round picks, a third-round pick and a sixth round pick to the Oakland Raiders for Mack and 2020 second round and conditional fifth round draft picks. 

But even the most diehard fan on here isn't going to compare Kalil Mack to Brian Burns....are they?

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

He's connected to our current OC as well.

But if we were to hire Waldron, I don't necessarily think he'd keep Ben McAdoo around.

(maybe as a QB coach, I suppose)

McAdoo hasn't proven a thing to even get input in trades he should have one foot out the door already tbh. We can and will do better. At least I hope.

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

We will get plenty of interest regardless and this trade means we have to fill two of the most important positions in football instead of one...

Haven't you heard? Teams who have the draft picks and need can just draft one and not miss apparently. Others are using the same reasoning for trading DJ Moore. People are living fantasies.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

You are creating a hole by trading Burns, and staggering the years when you are able to fill it. Also, why would we need a first round pick to fill those suggested positions? I dont see a need to spend a first on a CB, RB, S, or WR.... Why spend a first on a DE when you already have one proven on the roster that is young? 

Rookie contract, Rookie contract.....

And how much we're going to renew the contract with Burns?? Is he'll accept the new contract we offer if he knows he is worth 2 1st??

Edited by WestPanthers

1 minute ago, HPPantherzfan said:

The Bears traded two first-round picks, a third-round pick and a sixth round pick to the Oakland Raiders for Mack and 2020 second round and conditional fifth round draft picks. 

But even the most diehard fan on here isn't going to compare Kalil Mack to Brian Burns....are they?

what did those picks turn out to be for the Raiders? 

Bears traded away:
2019 first round (running back Josh Jacobs at No. 24 by Raiders)
2019 sixth round (cornerback Blessuan Austin at No. 196 by Jets)
2020 first round (cornerback Damon Arnette at No. 19 by Raiders)
2020 third round (receiver Bryan Edwards at No. 81 by Raiders)

• Pie 1

Just now, frankw said:

McAdoo hasn't proven a thing to even get input in trades he should have one foot out the door already tbh. We can and will do better. At least I hope.

I could potentially see McAdoo staying around if Steve Wilks got the head coaching job, but that's not absolutely certain.

In just about any other scenario, unless we hired somebody that had worked extensively with him before, it's hard to picture.

(and I can't think of a head coaching candidate who fits that description)