• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Besides Young and Stroud, no other QB has me sold they would be a clear upgrade over PJ.

UpstatePantherfan

PJ walker has started 5 games in the NFL.  Here are his numbers in those starts:

91-137 66% 979 yds. 5 TDs, 4 Ints, 5 Sks, 3-2 record.

Here are the numbers for a certain all-everything QB in his first 5 games in the NFL (pie for the first to name him):

93-169 55% 1,142 yds., 3 Tds 12 Ints, 15 sks, 1-4 record.

The point is not to suggest these two are destined for the same things (as some will surely assume right away).  The point is that 5 games in is a little early to decide whether someone sucks and will always suck. The second guy improved significantly over the next several years. Chances are PJ isn't a long-term solution, but good lord we're 5 games in.  There is a learning curve in this league.

• Poo 1

14 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

PJ walker has started 5 games in the NFL.  Here are his numbers in those starts:

91-137 66% 979 yds. 5 TDs, 4 Ints, 5 Sks, 3-2 record.

Here are the numbers for a certain all-everything QB in his first 5 games in the NFL (pie for the first to name him):

93-169 55% 1,142 yds., 3 Tds 12 Ints, 15 sks, 1-4 record.

The point is not to suggest these two are destined for the same things (as some will surely assume right away).  The point is that 5 games in is a little early to decide whether someone sucks and will always suck. The second guy improved significantly over the next several years. Chances are PJ isn't a long-term solution, but good lord we're 5 games in.  There is a learning curve in this league.

I wouldn't say we'd be judging him too soon--he's a 5 year vet UDFA with a sub 57% completion rate to speak to in college and under 58% for his NFL career so far.  He's just not the answer.   

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, saX man said:

I wouldn't say we'd be judging him too soon--he's a 5 year vet UDFA with a sub 57% completion rate to speak to in college and under 58% for his NFL career so far.  He's just not the answer.   

I agree he's probably not the answer.  And his college career is sub-par.  But when he starts, he's not too bad.  He's getting better - we should give him the rest of the season.  I think he is a solid tank commander.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

9 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

If Stroud is not available, I'm iffy on Young. He is small and injury prone. I'd go will Anderson who is the best player in the draft. 

I dunno, I’m just not feeling defense this draft. Don’t get me wrong, I think he will be a great player but I just think our D is pretty stacked already so you have to start wondering about the whole “law of diminishing returns things.” Does adding another stout D player to what is already a strong D really move the needle for this team as a whole?!

Personally im starting to get hyped about the possibility of drafting Quentin Johnston in the first round, him paired up with DJ Moore as our no 1/no 2 would almost be like a video game. He is a 6’4 WR that runs a 4.4 and knows how to run routes. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

If Matt Corral was Sam Howell I would definitely consider giving him a shot but he isn’t.  

If we are a position to take a QB we will…no question 

I see Levis as a bust right now though.  Hooker is playing elite right now but is old with very overrated athleticism.  We go down the line from there

Edited by Shocker