• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Confirmed: Al Holcomb is not good at his job

Proudiddy

What is this?  3 weeks now since Rhule and Snow were fired?  Each game seems to get worse defensively.  We can't stop anyone and can't even slow them down.  What happened in the first half today, I don't ever recall seeing that happen to a defense in our entire history.  If they could've even played halfway worth a poo last week, we win that game easy, but it ended up being a seesaw battle because the defense is a fuging sieve.  I love Wilks and appreciate him, but Holcomb ain't it as DC.  I know the roster has holes and such, but it is still mostly intact from what Snow had to work with, and it looks 100 times worse.

Maybe it's Holcomb trying to fit the college-style pieces we had for Snow's system into a pro-scheme, but this poo is way worse than anything Snow ran.  This is just bad.  Really bad.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Smithers said:

Tried to tell y’all that the defense was going to be much worse off without Snow.  I despised Rhule, but Snows defense was good when not put in bad situations

I agree, but it had to be done because Rhule was just that bad.  But my God, this is just inexcusable.  I can't imagine us getting worse than this defensively next week, buy then again, we are the Panthers.  Anything (bad) is possible.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I agree, but it had to be done because Rhule was just that bad.  But my God, this is just inexcusable.  I can't imagine us getting worse than this defensively next week, buy then again, we are the Panthers.  Anything (bad) is possible.

Phil Snow would not have made this better.

This undersized defense was built to his specifications.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Phil Snow would not have made this better.

This undersized defense was built to his specifications.

We are very light at the linebacker position. Snow wanted to run primarily 4-3, and 3-3, with 5 DBs. News flash, light linebackers and heavy secondary players equals lots and lots of running yards. I am disappointed we aren’t sending more corner blitzes, it’s about all we can do.

Edited by philit99
  • Pie 3

5 minutes ago, philit99 said:

We are very light at the linebacker position. Snow wanted to run primarily 4-3, and 3-3, with 5 DBs. News flash, light linebackers and heavy secondary players equals lots and lots of running yards. I am disappointed we aren’t sending more corner blitzes, it’s about all we can do.

Yeah the lack of blitzes is a problem. I also hate playing so much zone

• Beer 1