• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Willing to wait two more seasons?

Jmac

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I don’t see a path for a winning record in 2023.   

Like my late mother-in-law used to say, "What you don't see will make a whole 'nother world."

The team is in flux. There are far too many unknowns to see any path right now, beginning with HC. 

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Again for the record I would 100% being sniffing around Baltimore to see what it would take.  But thats assuming Jackson would even want to come here

Like they said in the broadcast yesterday, our franchise will be an attractive place to land next year due to having all of the cornerstones in place aside from a QB.  Based on the HC hire, I think that will be the determining factor for whether or not someone like Jackson would want to come here.

The idea of a new HC coming in and doing a mega deal year 1 out of the gate is worst case scenario. Maybe year 2 if they have a good to great learning curve but never year 1. After the Watson swing I don't want to see anyone in house on the buying end of a mega deal anytime soon.

A new and competent offensive minded HC could be competing and winning by the end of the first year with a vet or a rookie, with some luck thrown in. I don't think amyone here now fits the minimum of that so it will hopefully be new faces. Just draft a QB, find a vet if it's not on of the top 2 guys and do it again in 2024 if it's not good enough and until we find a long term QB option.

This year is all about telling us what we need to do better next year. Staff, personel and dumb direction that got us in this damn mess.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Like they said in the broadcast yesterday, our franchise will be an attractive place to land next year due to having all of the cornerstones in place aside from a QB.  Based on the HC hire, I think that will be the determining factor for whether or not someone like Jackson would want to come here.

I havent followed Jackson and his contract negotiations at all but why would he want to leave Balt?  Thats the epitome of a stable franchise.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I havent followed Jackson and his contract negotiations at all but why would he want to leave Balt?  Thats the epitome of a stable franchise.

From what I read it's mainly due to them not being able to surround him with playmakers. Jackson also represents himself now, and probbaly wants to make a statement in the contract negotiation process. He wants to be paid like Watson.

I know he wasnt happy with the Hollywood trade... image.png.d676f642240756b2df384ffd61651e6e.png

Edited by TheCasillas

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I don’t see a path for a winning record in 2023.   

A lot of folks said that for the Giants coming into this season. And there they are, right in the thick of it.

Right folks, right coaching... and stay away from injuries.

And it's not like our division is highly competitive anymore, by any stretch of the imagination.

40 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Who are these “some?”  The only player not under contract next year is Bozeman. Everyone here knows that it is time to draft a center or see if mays can do it.

I've been barking up that tree for a few years now.  I like Mayes as a solid IOL depth--IOL#4.  I'd rather draft a center that has played it his entire college career.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

It shouldn't take 2 years to turn this into a winning team. It's been 5 years already.

Despite what Tepper and Rhule's dumbasses think, it doesn't take 7 years to make a winning team in the NFL.

It will take at least 2 years if we draft the right QB. If by year 3, we haven’t been to the back playoffs, it will probably not happen with the next regime