• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Anderson and (insert pick #17-36 QB selection) more bang for the buck?

thunderraiden

Outside of Bryce Young, and even he has size problems, none of these QB's look like they are separating themselves from one another. Now, I don't think that's bad for us. If we don't have a shot at Bryce Young or C.J. Stroud, I would like to see us take Will Anderson, pair him up with Burns because pretty much all the other QB's are a big gamble rn and we already have Corral on the roster. Now here is where it gets interesting, because outside of the top 2 prospects a lot of the rookie QB's look like good upside guys with huge red flags. I say use our 2nd's as ammo for the back half of the 1st round if guys start falling or you can even sit back and wait to see who goes first if you don't believe that much in Will Levis. 

Our defense gets jolts to our LoS run defense and Pass Rush which are both in need of help, this would also help at our corner positions indirectly. On offense, if we end up at say pick #3 or something our new HC (I'm fully aboard the Shane Steichen train, look what he did with Hurbert and Hurts, so he knows what to look for) might have his eye on someone like K.J. Jefferson who models himself after Cam:

Or maybe Levis slides to 17 and that's enough ammo to package for our 2 2nd's to move up?

I guess the point here is, there is a shitload of great QB's this draft with question marks, if we end up looking at Levis or Will Anderson, I say take the sure thing in Anderson and lets get one of these lotto tickets.

This is what Washington kept saying when they drafted Young, Sweat, Payne and Allen…

How’s that working out?

Or Denver when they decided to take Chubb to pair with Miller?

Both teams are still a mess at the QB position.

Take the f’n QB.

At this point I’ll roll the dice on QB4 over any other positions 1

• Pie 7
  • Flames 1

Stop with this nonsense.  Anderson is nowhere near the 3-Down lineman prospects you see in the top-5.  He's a Chaisson/Burns/Paye type guy.  Nowhere near a Hutch, Thibodeaux, Bosa, Walker, etc. 

This weird obsession people are developing for BPA and [insert sleeper QB here] is not a model for success. 

There's better fitting DEs in this draft for what we need.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think that the biggest bang for buck will be trading down.

The best QB in this draft is 5'10" 190lbs. Even with a solid OL, that's going to be a big point of concern (especially for a team that's had injuries rack up at the QB position). If the team moved on from Burns, then yea go get Anderson but unless the team is looking to move to a 3-4 base I don't see it being a good fit.

With all of the clamoring over the importance of picks for rebuilding after Burns wasn't traded, the lack of a clear #1 franchise QB, and the #1 player basically being a copy of our current premiere pass rusher, making a trade similar to what was made for Trey Lance would net the team those beloved draft picks and give the coach that "free year" with Matt Corral at QB to see what he's got (he'd be in the discussion for QB1 in this year's draft if he stayed for his Sr year). If he's ass trash, then there's ammo to move up to #1 for Drake Maye 👀

Edited by Icege

25 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

This is what Washington kept saying when they drafted Young, Sweat, Payne and Allen…

How’s that working out?

Or Denver when they decided to take Chubb to pair with Miller?

Both teams are still a mess at the QB position.

Take the f’n QB.

At this point I’ll roll the dice on QB4 over any other positions 1

Yeah basically

besides if the QB flames out were in primo arch Manning window anyways

24 minutes ago, davos said:

Stop with this nonsense.  Anderson is nowhere near the 3-Down lineman prospects you see in the top-5.  He's a Chaisson/Burns/Paye type guy.  Nowhere near a Hutch, Thibodeaux, Bosa, Walker, etc. 

This weird obsession people are developing for BPA and [insert sleeper QB here] is not a model for success. 

There's better fitting DEs in this draft for what we need.  

I don’t know why so many think it’s a good idea to get cute and settle for a lesser prospect at the most important position in sports, every single draft

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I think this will be one of those drafts were the top guys at QB are over-hyped and the guys a few spots back aren't all that different in the long run.

Who is your mid-tier sleeper?  Penix is getting overlooked IMO, Richardson has the crazy ceiling, but is raw as a passer....

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

I don’t know why so many think it’s a good idea to get cute and settle for a lesser prospect at the most important position in sports, every single draft

I cannot give this enough pie.

QB is not the most important position in football.  It's the most important position in team sports.  Getting a young stud on a rookie contract for five years gives you a window to go from mediocre to contender.  Until you have that guy, you spend every draft trying to get him at any slot required.