• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brugler: Next year's quarterbacks "not universally loved"

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

@LinvilleGorgehas me on this Anthony Richardson trade back plan... Pending who our new HC is... AND how Richardson finishes the season, I could be down with developing AR while backing up MC9.

Honestly, there's no clear cut leader so far. That tells me that it just comes down to how much risk you are willing to take on one of them over another top candidate somewhere else. 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Honestly, there's no clear cut leader so far. That tells me that it just comes down to how much risk you are willing to take on one of them over another top candidate somewhere else. 

I think our HC hire will tell us everything we will need to know with our upcoming draft approach.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I mean we are going to get a QB. Fitt has been pretty vocal on always taking QBs because you don't know when you'll hit on one or when you'll need one. We will probably have Corrall, A Vet, 1 early draft pick and 1 late draft pick at QB to start camp if I had to guess. 

Edited by PanthersGTI

Leave it to the Panthers to have a historically bad season in a season with a weak QB class.

But I'll say, I'm kinda optimistic for a couple reasons.

Flash back to the 2011 Draft, and Andrew Luck was the generational, once in a lifetime QB that was sitting at the top of the draft board...and he stayed at Stanford rather than having to play for the Panthers. Well, that worked out pretty well for us in the end!

And the reason I'm really optimistic we can find a QB of the future in this draft, is we are - for the first time in recent memory - ready for a franchise QB. The problem for a lot of teams drafting in the top 5 is they're every bit as bad as their record indicates. You take Trevor Lawrence and put him on the Jaguars and he's still going to look bad, and that rough transition to the NFL can make it so much harder for them to develop into a franchise QB.

We, on the other hand, have the makings of a really REALLY solid pass blocking offensive line. We have a marquis wide receiver. Of course we could use a Greg Olsen-esque safety valve TE and a deeper WR corps, but we have an offense that even a middling rookie QB could step in with and find moderate success. Moderate success out the gate can translate to them developing into a really solid QB.

• Pie 3

QBs in the draft are a lot like pr

39 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

How did we go from “This is a deep, amazing class” to “This class may have 1 or 2 starter level QBs”?

It’s a lot like a presidential election, when a candidate announces their candidacy, there is a honeymoon phase where everyone thinks the said candidate will be so amazing and the 2nd coming of Lincoln.. “omg, he is so articulate, well dressed and has so much charisma and is so qualified.” 

But then the media and their opponents start doing their opposition research and they start nit picking every tiny thing and blow it up out of proportion. “Omg, he actually got drunk 25 years ago at a frat party!! He must have poor judgement, can we trust him with the nuclear codes?!?!”

Same exact thing with QBs. A year ago I couldn’t stop hearing how Bryce Young was going to be a savior and the clear cut consensus no 1 overall pick without a doubt, but then as that gets closer to reality, people start taking a microscope and nit picking and now suddenly, he is way too short and way too risky to be a good NFL QB

Edited by UpstatePantherfan