• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I’m starting to turn on Fitterer

TheBigKat

At first I thought, wow what a breath of fresh air in comparison to Hurney / Gettleman

Horn pick, very high for a corner and the majority of folks on here wanted Parsons. Micah is on his way to being DPOY in year 2

Trading for Gilmore/Henderson- this team was not ready to compete. Gilmore came as a 1 year rental for no reason and Henderson is a JAG. That’s costly draft capital

signing Jackson/Thomas- these guys are nowhere close to the contracts they received 

Not trading Moore- a solid #2 who isn’t a stud #1 WR to a team that is sitting at 3-5. We basically would have had a top 12 pick for Moore

Not trading Burns- a guy who is Osi Umenyoria who will be paid as the highest paid DE here soon and has never posted double digit sacks. Getting 2 firsts and a second from a team that’s falling off the Cliff talent wise and under .500, this would have been two top 12 picks and a high second for the Panthers

I give him a pass on Mayfield- we didn’t spend a lot on that experiment 

i give him an A on Eke

overall my opinion of Fitterer is unfortunately fading as the next coming of Ozzie Newsome and more so of a Thomas Dimitrioff

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, Chad_Cota said:

We will never know how much of this has to do with Rhule. He had roster control. 

That is my hurdle on figuring out what was Fitterer and what was The Process.  That line is just unrecognizable until October 10. 

Even after October 10, we have no idea what role Tepper played in the decisions leading to the CMC deal or Burns non-deal. 

Organizationally, we are a mess.

• Beer 4

Just now, Sgt Schultz said:

That is my hurdle on figuring out what was Fitterer and what was The Process.  That line is just unrecognizable until October 10. 

Even after October 10, we have no idea what role Tepper played in the decisions leading to the CMC deal or Burns non-deal. 

Organizationally, we are a mess.

we are a clown show with no vision and no plan for the future, we are a 3 ring circus that thinks we have a team that can win year in and year out

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I'm still not sure how much Tepper is involved in decisions. We've seen him force his will for Watson on the FO, and how that turned out. Fitts has said he speaks with Tepper about things, which one could expect. My only concern is how much influence is Tepper exerting over personnel decisions. Ultimately, Fitts will take the fall when things go wrong. I think over the next few years we'll find out how much he really is involved and then be able to look back objectively at some of these moves. I have to admit I'm not a fan of the Burns non trade. 

It's been a week now if anyone wants to spend the next several months all the way up to the draft shouting at clouds over the Burns trade that's their choice but I'm good on all that. It didn't happen move on. It's hard to say if the Horn pick was him or Rhule. One or both of them had been extremely hesitant to try and develop a rookie quarterback. Based on how Matt Rhule handled Corral's first TC I will assume it was mostly him. But the in on every deal mentality is used car salesman talk and that's been Fitterer's whole identity to this point. What's it gotten us though? Is there a real plan? We are not trading our way out of this. Add to the pieces we have in place and find the right coaching staff to maximize the talent here and develop rookies with those picks we got from the McCaffrey trade. In the meantime we look to be hopefully locking in a top 3 pick. I can live with it.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's been a week now if anyone wants to spend the next several months all the way up to the draft shouting at clouds over the Burns trade that's their choice but I'm good on all that. It didn't happen move on. It's hard to say if the Horn pick was him or Rhule. One or both of them had been extremely hesitant to try and develop a rookie quarterback. Based on how Matt Rhule handled Corral's first TC I will assume it was mostly him. But the in on every deal mentality is used car salesman talk and that's been Fitterer's whole identity to this point. What's it gotten us though? Is there a real plan? We are not trading our way out of this. Add to the pieces we have in place and find the right coaching staff to maximize the talent here and develop rookies with those picks we got from the McCaffrey trade. In the meantime we look to be hopefully locking in a top 3 pick. I can live with it.

The cmac and burns trade (and probably the moore one as well) are the first major tangible (non)moves that we can tie to fitt.  Its something that we can track as good or bad in regards to him.   No matter what happens now he is going to be matched up with not taking that. 

When the rams tank for the next 3 years he is going to look like an idiot.  When the packers have a top 10 pick this year he is going to look like an idiot and there will be no matt rhule to blame.

The cmac was a no brainer

The moore trade was debatable but he probably should have done it

The Burns trade isnt even a debate.

The draft capital he could have walked with could have set us up nicely for a true rebuild

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Beer 2