• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Orlovsky believes Maye and Williams are better than anyone this class

GoobyPls

12 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The difference between you and me is Corral was chosen by Fitterer not Rhule and that the talent is there, and the value was there too.  Corral has all the tools.

I'm with you but who chose Corral was not clear on the draft confidential video. Pretty sure it was Tepper pushing it, Rhule was on the phone making the trade probably trying to save his job, and Fitt was kinda in the middle of the two looking like he just poo his pants. End of the day Tepper said the time is now, lets do it, so I think the next HC is gonna have to give say they're going to give Corral a shot before Tepper gives them the job

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

End of the day Tepper said the time is now, lets do it, so I think the next HC is gonna have to give say they're going to give Corral a shot before Tepper gives them the job

I can see a new HC wanting one of these QBs.  I believe that whoever comes into the QB is going to have to compete with Corral for the position.  Regardless of draft position.  I would assume we are also going to have a veteran in the mix as well.  

It's a huge gamble that could be quite embarrassing if we use a 1st round pick on a QB and he can't beat Corral in a competition.  So many want to believe that it's going to be automatically the rookies job just because he was drafted higher than Corral. 

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The realism is Corral got injured on a freak play.  The realism is Rhule didn't give him any quality reps. The realism is draft position means nothing after you've been drafted.  The realism is you have no idea what the new coaching staff sees in Corral. The realism is that Corral has all the tools to be a good QB and just needs quality Reps to prove it.

The Hating is that many of you want one of these QBs in this draft and nothing short of it is acceptable. The haters cannot and will not believe Corral could be as good, if not better than those in this draft class.  The haters believe he has no shot whatsoever.  

I've said before, We'll have to wait and see what we do in April.  If we go QB that's OK with me, if we trade down and get an extra pick somewhere that's ok too. Maybe we use our first pick on a different position of need. (this will get you haters in meltdown mode) and use one of our 2nd round picks for a QB to compete with Corral.

The difference between you and me is Corral was chosen by Fitterer not Rhule and that the talent is there, and the value was there too.  Corral has all the tools.

BTW, had it not been for his unsubstantiated claims of off the field issues he would have been a much higher pick.  Also, there were several talking heads including former QBs that had Corral as the best QB in his class. 

Arguing with you over this isn't worth my time because you want what you want and to hell with what's best for the team.  For you it is QB only with the first pick, while I am open to different avenues to get a better team on the field NOW. 

A lot of typing just to say you want the side to keep doing what they’re doing at the QB position. Don’t get me wrong I would love to find our QB outside of our early first round pick. I would love to pair the Georgia DT with Brown or trade down to fill more roster holes. 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

A lot of typing just to say you want the side to keep doing what they’re doing at the QB position. Don’t get me wrong I would love to find our QB outside of our early first round pick. I would love to pair the Georgia DT with Brown or trade down to fill more roster holes. 

Drafting a QB in the first round does not prevent "doing what they're doing." Especially if you are reaching just because the talking heads thinks that is what they think you should do.  

We'll just leave it as this.  Whatever our team decides to do, it's probably the right thing to do. 

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Drafting a QB in the first round does not prevent "doing what they're doing." Especially if you are reaching just because the talking heads thinks that is what they think you should do.  

We'll just leave it as this.  Whatever our team decides to do, it's probably the right thing to do. 

And I hope the team see a franchise QB and get him for the team and fan bases sake. But first things first need a competent fuging coach 

8 hours ago, Panthera onca said:

Maye couldn’t even win a high school state championship, fuggetaboudit 

Winning a "High School"  State Championships does not equate to becoming a good NFL starting quarterback. 

I feel sure lots of good NFL starting quarterbacks have neve won "High School" State Championships.

6 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The realism is Corral got injured on a freak play.  The realism is Rhule didn't give him any quality reps. The realism is draft position means nothing after you've been drafted.  The realism is you have no idea what the new coaching staff sees in Corral. The realism is that Corral has all the tools to be a good QB and just needs quality Reps to prove it.

The Hating is that many of you want one of these QBs in this draft and nothing short of it is acceptable. The haters cannot and will not believe Corral could be as good, if not better than those in this draft class.  The haters believe he has no shot whatsoever.  

I've said before, We'll have to wait and see what we do in April.  If we go QB that's OK with me, if we trade down and get an extra pick somewhere that's ok too. Maybe we use our first pick on a different position of need. (this will get you haters in meltdown mode) and use one of our 2nd round picks for a QB to compete with Corral.

BTW, had it not been for his unsubstantiated claims of off the field issues he would have been a much higher pick.  Also, there were several talking heads including former QBs that had Corral as the best QB in his class. 

Arguing with you over this isn't worth my time because you want what you want and to hell with what's best for the team.  For you it is QB only with the first pick, while I am open to different avenues to get a better team on the field NOW. 

But...

then we saw him on an NFL field vs. bottom of preseason roster talent and...

he looked like a random fan who won a drawing to play QB for the day. He simply did not look like he belonged. It didn't have anything to do with reps, development, etc. His physical talent just did not look to bw on par with the players sharing the field with him. 

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Since when is being realistic being a hater?

just as a point of reference....this is from  2020 article where Orlovsky was asked about how he'd rank the QBs selected in the previous 2 years.

The question posed by host Mike Greenberg on ESPN's Get Up on Wednesday was this: Which five quarterbacks selected in the NFL Draft over the past three years would you draft now, and in what order?

ESPN NFL analyst Dan Orlovsky said the only QB he'd take before Cincinnati Bengals 2020 No. 1 draft pick Joe Burrow would be Sam Darnold of the Jets. He ranked Lamar Jackson No. 5, Tua Tagovailoa No. 4 and Kyler Murray No. 3.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/04/29/espns-dan-orlovsky-ranks-burrow-darnold-top-quarterbacks-3-drafts/3048272001/

so in his rankings...

1) Sam Darnold

2) Joe Burrows

3) Kyler Murray

4) Tua Tagovailoa

5) Lamar Jackson

• The D 1