• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DOJ balks at Tepper’s Rock Hill bankruptcy plan; Feds ask judge to block confirmation

Ja  Rhule

DOJ balks at Tepper’s Rock Hill bankruptcy plan; Feds ask judge to block confirmation

Read more at: https://www.heraldonline.com/news/business/article268533397.html#storylink=cpy

The U.S. Department of Justice has asked a federal judge to deny confirmation of a bankruptcy proposal by a David Tepper-owned company connected to the failed Rock Hill, S.C., team headquarters project, court documents show.

The request was made late Tuesday by a bankruptcy court trustee on behalf of the DOJ. A confirmation hearing on the bankruptcy proposal is scheduled for Nov. 16.

“The U.S. Trustee requests that this Court enter an order denying confirmation of the Plan, and granting such other relief that the Court deems just and proper,” the Trustee wrote.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 4

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Listen, I wouldn't suggest trying to step out in front of the mob and explain the situation....

I wouldn't claim to know much about land deals or bankruptcy procedures, but I think most people at least raise an eyebrow when they see something about the Department of Justice getting involved 😳

2 hours ago, Cullenator said:

Basic bankruptcy maneuvering.  Nothing to see here

That you, Dr. Lunker? 🤔

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't claim to know much about land deals or bankruptcy procedures, but I think most people at least raise an eyebrow when they see something about the Department of Justice getting involved 😳

That you, Dr. Lunker? 🤔

NAL here but have a family member with high level access to the middle district of NC bankruptcy court filings and judges. His somewhat informed opinion is that with a bankruptcy this size and with as many people that could be impacted along side that it involves the owner of 1/32 of a legal monopoly that this is business as usual.

• Pie 1