• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

That motion sweep pass to Shenault

electro's horse

15 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Well he scored a TD on it last night. 

Then the falcons keyed in on it. 

they want to get Shenault the ball with a head of steam but they’re pretty limited by what PJ can do, unfortunately. 

They limit what PJ can do, because they're scared he is going to throw a pick, rightly or wrongly. It's a catch-22. At least I hope that's why they're calling so many passes behind the line. I just can't condone that type of play calling because it's too damned elementary, and teams worth a damn will make you pay. Hopefully it's just a P.J. thing, but I have my suspicions.

Edited by top dawg

It was a good play, but yeah, even if there are options within it, you can't go to the well too many times with it.

I just want them to drop most of the smoke passes they try to make to DJ. He doesn't have that ability to break the first tackler like Smitty did. They need to work on getting DJ down field a bit.

I'm really tired of completed passes that go for -1 to 1 yard. 

Maybe we do need to run Darnold and Mayfield back out there just to see if we can open things up a bit. 

• Pie 1

It’d be really nice if late in the game, they’d pump fake that throw and then hit RB or TE sneaking out the back side. But hell, this team couldn’t even run simple play action late in the game instead of running into brick walls when trying to salt the game away, so probably too much to ask to add some deception into their passing game. 

On the subject of the coaching staff limiting PJ, I think some of it last night had to do with the rain. It was just harder to throw downfield in that sort of weather with a slick ball. That being said, they do seem to be doing that quite a bit globally, and it’s really hindering us IMO. Yesterday PJ did show the bad—a really bad dropped INT—so I see where the coaches are coming from. But when you put the restrictor plate on, the offense isn’t effective. He can make plays down the field in a normal passing offense.  You have to take the good with the bad and hope PJ limits those mistakes to an acceptable level. 

That also being said, I’m firmly in the camp that PJ ain’t the guy. Good backup? Sure. But we need to draft our franchise guy. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Growl said:

that dude is the panthers cordarrelle patterson, they need to not bother trying to turn him into Marvin Harrison and open TC next season working him on kicks, punts, RB, etc etc etc

I agree. When the Panthers traded for him I watched some videos of him on the Jaguars. He literally cannot get open on the outside. His agility is trash. But coming out of the backfield, returning punts and kicks, he has power and good vision. He has a place to be a good contributor. 

14 minutes ago, Growl said:

that dude is the panthers cordarrelle patterson, they need to not bother trying to turn him into Marvin Harrison and open TC next season working him on kicks, punts, RB, etc etc etc

Yes, I agree.  I love watching him once he gets the ball in his hands.  He runs hard and breaks tackles.  I just wish we would get him the ball more often.

A good Offensive minded head coach or OC will figure out many ways to get him the ball.

Props to Fitterer for trading for him. 

• Beer 1