• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is RB still a draft need?

Panthers Fan 69

I'd love to resign foreman for 4/5 mil a year. If that doesnt happen would love Tucker from Syracuse in the 3rd. I know Robinson or Gibbs early in the 2nd would be nice, but really hope we use that for a TE that can catch or quality linebacker.  Paying Thomas that contract after getting Tremble baffles me still.

• Pie 1

I mean this is the one thing teams like the Bears get right. Draft a running back every year or every other year in the 4th or later, ride them into the ground, let them walk away while you replace them with another young fresh legged back. 

Draft them late and never pay them. 

1 hour ago, PappyMay said:

I'd love to resign foreman for 4/5 mil a year. If that doesnt happen would love Tucker from Syracuse in the 3rd. I know Robinson or Gibbs early in the 2nd would be nice, but really hope we use that for a TE that can catch or quality linebacker.  Paying Thomas that contract after getting Tremble baffles me still.

Paying Thomas just baffles me regardless.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

With Foreman playing the best RB ball since 2019 CMC, is this a high priority in the draft?

I say yes . Foreman will be 27 next year.  And is a bruising runner.  It’s a young man’s game. 

we don’t need to spend a high pick on a committee RB.  And you can find legit runners  in rounds 3, 4 and 5. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

I say yes . Foreman will be 27 next year.  And is a bruising runner.  It’s a young man’s game. 

we don’t need to spend a high pick on a committee RB.  And you can find legit runners  in rounds 3, 4 and 5. 

I don't think age matters as much as tread for RBs. Foreman has 331 career carries and 353 career total touches. CMC, despite missing 23 games, has 269 carries and 366 touches since 2020 alone.

Edited by UNCrules2187