• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Al Michaels on last nights game

hepcat

52 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

He said on air “nobody is watching”.

Near the end of the game but I still couldn’t believe he said it.

Honestly, that was one of the better/more interesting games that they've had on TNF this year.  Most of them, especially the early ones were absolutely miserable, and IIRC, had almost zero offense.

All that being said, I also found it interesting that they elected to have absolutely no one at the post-game desk like they usually do.  They showed like a 30 second interview with Foreman coming off the field after the game and then went into their usual "coming up this weekend" stuff.  I've never seen that before, so it was clear they just wanted to be done with this game and move on.

Also, I don't think this quote is real at all, even if that's how he felt...  the internet has gotten carried away with these memes trying to go viral.  I really don't find them funny anymore.

And finally, I really wish Wilks and McAdoo would stop hamstringing the offense by limiting PJ this much.  He can hit big throws, as he's demonstrated each game outside of the Bengals, you just have to scheme it up to make it about as surefire as you can.  They also could do a lot more with PJ in the read option game - a lot more.  They are really limiting the offense's potential.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Honestly, that was one of the better/more interesting games that they've had on TNF this year.  Most of them, especially the early ones were absolutely miserable, and IIRC, had almost zero offense.

All that being said, I also found it interesting that they elected to have absolutely no one at the post-game desk like they usually do.  They showed like a 30 second interview with Foreman coming off the field after the game and then went into their usual "coming up this weekend" stuff.  I've never seen that before, so it was clear they just wanted to be done with this game and move on.

Also, I don't think this quote is real at all, even if that's how he felt...  the internet has gotten carried away with these memes trying to go viral.  I really don't find them funny anymore.

And finally, I really wish Wilks and McAdoo would stop hamstringing the offense by limiting PJ this much.  He can hit big throws, as he's demonstrated each game outside of the Bengals, you just have to scheme it up to make it about as surefire as you can.  They also could do a lot more with PJ in the read option game - a lot more.  They are really limiting the offense's potential.

Yeah gotta say this especially being a rain game was much more entertaining than that Broncos/Colts game where it went to OT off 4 field goals each or whatever horrendous stat that was. Mariota doesn't throw the ball when it's dry out and it was obvious why. The only thing missing was getting Ridder to start the 2nd half and looking even worse

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

PJ literally threw it into the hands of the defenders like 3 or 4 times last night on his already limited amount of throws, and you want him to throw it MORE? 

• Pie 7