• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The draft board are now pretty much locked.

Snake

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

Just stop looking until the end of the year. Watching our pick placement is like watching water come to a boil, it is pointless and a waste of time.

Lets talk at the last game of the year. We will be picking in the top 10. That is close enough to make a move if there is one to make.

I don't think there will be.

I've not looked at how these guys rank against the overall draft class to be honest however. Given that there will be studs elsewhere you have to take that into consideration. So you will have to tune out the media hype and do some homework. 

There will be several overdrafted out of need alone. We may be one of those doing so. Gotta wait on the coaching hire for that one.

This class of qb's just doesn't have guys separating themselves. Just like last year and the year before they are overhyped and fans eat it up.

But the reality is that it's pointless to salivate for any specific one of these guys. The odds that any of them will be more than average is astronomical. 

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, Snake said:

The Falcons win really screwed us for the #2 spot. Both the Texans and Raiders will not win another game. 3rd is the best we can do now. Any wins will more than likely have us picking in the 10 to 12s. God I'm ready for this season to be over with. ☹️😭

They fuged us over big time. They simultaneously kept us out of the division lead and fuged our draft position in the course of 3 weeks. Pretty impressive actually 

18 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yep, completely locked, there's going to be like zero moment out of this bunch.

image.png.23bd9edf58baa99e2a850742f1c67e9b.png

Of those 13 teams, only PHI definitely won't take an early 1st QB. PIT, JAX, CHI also seem unlikely to take an early 1st round QB.

I could see any of the others taking an early 1st round QB.

2 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Of those 13 teams, only PHI definitely won't take an early 1st QB. PIT, JAX, CHI also seem unlikely to take an early 1st round QB.

I could see any of the others taking an early 1st round QB.

IMO, Wash, NO, and Indy are the only teams that really need a QB. You maybe could add ATL if they decide Mariotta isn't it. Maybe LV, but whoever knows with them? All in all, not a lot of company for the top QBs.

And worst case scenario for a whole lot of Huddlers would be for Baker to ball out the rest of the year, and we barely miss the Playoffs. Now that would be epic.

Still a lot of season left. Me personally, I can wait a month or so before we get into this draft stuff. It's annoying enough when it's warranted. Let alone halfway through the season.

1 minute ago, Gerry Green said:

IMO, Wash, NO, and Indy are the only teams that really need a QB. You maybe could add ATL if they decide Mariotta isn't it. Maybe LV, but whoever knows with them? All in all, not a lot of company for the top QBs.

And worst case scenario for a whole lot of Huddlers would be for Baker to ball out the rest of the year, and we barely miss the Playoffs. Now that would be epic.

Still a lot of season left. Me personally, I can wait a month or so before we get into this draft stuff. It's annoying enough when it's warranted. Let alone halfway through the season.

Decided to expand to all 32 because of trade ups:

Highly likely to draft a 1st round QB- 4

WAS, NO, IND, CAR

Somewhat likely to draft a 1st round QB (current guy is nothing more than a bridge) - 3

DET, ATL, SEA

Possible they take a 1st round QB - 2

HOU, TEN

Unlikely to take a 1st round QB, willing to or have to roll with their current QB - 6

PIT, NE, NYJ, DEN, MIN, SF

Unlikely to take a 1st round QB, but that could change before the draft - 7

GB, ARZ, LV, TB, BAL, NYG, LAR

No chance they take a 1st round QB - 11

PHI, JAX, CHI, KC, LAC, MIA, BUF, CLE, CIN, DAL

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I don't think there will be.

I've not looked at how these guys rank against the overall draft class to be honest however. Given that there will be studs elsewhere you have to take that into consideration. So you will have to tune out the media hype and do some homework. 

There will be several overdrafted out of need alone. We may be one of those doing so. Gotta wait on the coaching hire for that one.

This class of qb's just doesn't have guys separating themselves. Just like last year and the year before they are overhyped and fans eat it up.

But the reality is that it's pointless to salivate for any specific one of these guys. The odds that any of them will be more than average is astronomical. 

Maybe. There doesn't seem to be a perceived perfect QB again but there are some interesting QBs.

I really don't expect players coming up from college not needing good coaching anymore or at least not as often. Ickey is way ahead of what I was expecting. Horn has looked good but we haven't seen enough of him. Brown took years under bad coaching to finally dominate. CMC took a year to become a true beast even though he was obviously a threat on day 1. I really don't think guys like Allen or Mahomes would have developed under Rivera or Rhule, maybe not even Herbert. I just expect us to have to train and coach up anyone worth drafting anymore. I wish I could have seen Cam with an offensive minded coach that pushed him a lot more. 

The best part of a rookie is their contract. As long as their isn't a mega deal involved then it's just a pick and an easy to forget contract. If we end up with a DE and TE then missing on a QB wouldn't kill me unless it was a Pickett / Jones level player which just seems like a wasted 1st to me with their obvious limitations. 

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Maybe. There doesn't seem to be a perceived perfect QB again but there are some interesting QBs.

I really don't expect players coming up from college not needing good coaching anymore or at least not as often. Ickey is way ahead of what I was expecting. Horn has looked good but we haven't seen enough of him. Brown took years under bad coaching to finally dominate. CMC took a year to become a true beast even though he was obviously a threat on day 1. I really don't think guys like Allen or Mahomes would have developed under Rivera or Rhule, maybe not even Herbert. I just expect us to have to train and coach up anyone worth drafting anymore. I wish I could have seen Cam with an offensive minded coach that pushed him a lot more. 

The best part of a rookie is their contract. As long as their isn't a mega deal involved then it's just a pick and an easy to forget contract. If we end up with a DE and TE then missing on a QB wouldn't kill me unless it was a Pickett / Jones level player which just seems like a wasted 1st to me with their obvious limitations. 

None of this bothers me. What takes place between now and draft hinges on what Tepper does after the season is over.  To think otherwise is wasted energy.

Just sit back and watch these young college qb's make their case to be a first round pick.

If I was forced to pick today I would take that Georgia DE.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

A qb needs to be drafted, and hopefully 1 that has a reasonable chance to be something. The cupboard is absolutely bare at that position, despite us appearing to have an embarrassment of riches there this season.

Right behind that is a te that has some skill and versatility to block some and catch some. Maybe even be a red zone theat. 

There are other places of need and depth, but I would be a bit disappointed if we were to take a cb first again, although I suppose it could be justified with Jackson probably losing his only standout feature, speed. I would still hate that if it were the pick.