• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If he were to be shopped this off-season , would you pick up the phone?

TheCasillas

ESPN's Dan Graziano believes the Raiders could release QB Derek Carr after the season.

The Raiders signed Carr to a three-year extension in April. While it's unlikely the Raiders move on from Carr a year after he recruited WR Davante Adams to Vegas, Carr's deal has no guarantees left and releasing him would leave $5 million in dead money. The Raiders project for a top-five pick, giving them capital to draft Carr's replacement, and there are rumors of HC Josh McDaniels reuniting with ex-Patriots QB Tom Brady this offseason. The Raiders have until three days after the Super Bowl to make a decision on Carr. Carr has a $32.9 million base salary next year and would be owed a guaranteed $7.5 million in 2024 if he remains on the post-February roster.

16 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

ESPN's Dan Graziano believes the Raiders could release QB Derek Carr after the season.

The Raiders signed Carr to a three-year extension in April. While it's unlikely the Raiders move on from Carr a year after he recruited WR Davante Adams to Vegas, Carr's deal has no guarantees left and releasing him would leave $5 million in dead money. The Raiders project for a top-five pick, giving them capital to draft Carr's replacement, and there are rumors of HC Josh McDaniels reuniting with ex-Patriots QB Tom Brady this offseason. The Raiders have until three days after the Super Bowl to make a decision on Carr. Carr has a $32.9 million base salary next year and would be owed a guaranteed $7.5 million in 2024 if he remains on the post-February roster.

Do the Raiders know that a top 5 pick is the worst place to find a franchise QB?

• Pie 3

I thought the plan has been to draft a rookie QB if one looks better than Corral and then keep or bring in a vet who can give stability to the room and mentor the young guys. No need to change the plan. Now who those players are remain to be seen. Lots of games to play. Interested in how Baker is going to handle all the pressure that Baltimore is going to bring. He has to make them pay with quick passing and hot reads. 

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I thought the plan has been to draft a rookie QB if one looks better than Corral and then keep or bring in a vet who can give stability to the room and mentor the young guys. No need to change the plan. Now who those players are remain to be seen. Lots of games to play. Interested in how Baker is going to handle all the pressure that Baltimore is going to bring. He has to make them pay with quick passing and hot reads. 

I think you have to get the HC first, vet QB next, then worry about the draft and Corral

• Pie 1

I think he is a good QB, just playing in a hopeless situation, but we have too much dead money in the QB room , we can't afford to sell the farm again for another QB that might not work out , like some have already posted in this thread we should look for our future in the draft 

Unless KC will take Darnold and Mayfield , for Mahommes and 3 1st round picks , but this isn't Madden so probably not unless there GM was high 

On 11/14/2022 at 12:52 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

4000+ passing yards as a rookie suggests otherwise. My real point here is that Cam was the far more prolific college QB. He was simply further along than Richardson at this point.

Yeah, Cam was the number 1 pick start day 1 rookie and our offense was clicking right away. Richardson COULD be a first rounder, but it a project QB who will have some growing pains. 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah, Cam was the number 1 pick start day 1 rookie and our offense was clicking right away. Richardson COULD be a first rounder, but it a project QB who will have some growing pains. 

The issue with Richardson is he won't make it to the 2nd round. Too many teams in the back half of the 1st that can afford to sit him a year behind a current vet.

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

The issue with Richardson is he won't make it to the 2nd round. Too many teams in the back half of the 1st that can afford to sit him a year behind a current vet.

Oh yeah, if our new HC thinks he is the guy he can develop into a star we would have to take him in the first. If we are a top 5 pick we could maybe get away with trading back, but I would only do that if there was another option we were high on as well. I would be on board with Eagles OC as our HC, plus Minshew and Richardson all day long. 

• Beer 2