• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers WR DJ Moore: Players have spoken with David Tepper about stadium turf

TheSpecialJuan

All this turf stuff is a mixed bag. Grass is definitely much more dangerous if not property maintanined. The only distinct difference is you get carpet burn on turf and players don't like that. Either way they are complaining to the wrong people. Because it's the turf companies who should be making changes 

• Poo 1

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

If I were a turf company (and I know nothing about turf) I’d be looking for ways to create the surface to replicate the ground and not the actual fibers of the “grass.” 

the issue isn’t the material of the grass but rather the forgiveness of the surface.

The fibers of the grass make a difference as well. Under certain conditions, some turfs get slippery like ice. 

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2020/01/10/green-bay-packers-stress-good-balance-proper-cleats-slippery-surface-lambeau-field/4432744002/

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The fibers of the grass make a difference as well. Under certain conditions, some turfs get slippery like ice. 

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2020/01/10/green-bay-packers-stress-good-balance-proper-cleats-slippery-surface-lambeau-field/4432744002/

im not dismissing the fibers of the grasss, but that is the part that appears they have gotten down to a science. It's the actual surface that is the issue. They should be focusing on that, and they probbaly are. Again, not a turf guy so i dont know. 

27 minutes ago, DMathematics said:

So that's why DJ avoids contact everytime he's running with the ball the turf?!? 

Read through a few of your posts past the irrational DJ Moore hate to see you're a McCaffrey homer. No surprise you also have horrific takes about players in general. Find something productive to do.

Did not see this before. It was in my local paper from a story from the AP by Steve Reed:

image.png.98c77c0f704f22e28203c73635206a78.png

Tepper has enough money for figure this out.  He needs to make some positive news. Something like this could have a negative effect on attracting free agents.

Edited by ladypanther
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 11/15/2022 at 8:24 AM, Mr. Scot said:

Panthers receiver DJ Moore said he and other veteran players met with Tepper during training camp this year and again during the season to let the hedge fund manager worth $18.5 billion know they preferred to play on grass.

Wasn't Tepper worth 11 billion when he bought the team a few years ago? If he's almost doubled his worth in four years, after the past four years we've had collectively, that's more than enough reason for billionaires to not exist. 

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Did not see this before. It was in my local paper from a story from the AP by Steve Reed:

image.png.98c77c0f704f22e28203c73635206a78.png

Tepper has enough money for figure this out.  He needs to make some positive news. Something like this could have a negative effect on attracting free agents.

This. There are so many 'easy wins' Tepper could be amassing to build local/state goodwill in order to sweeten decision-makers up for an eventual new stadium, but instead he's nickel and diming operating costs.