• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If season ended today which QB would you take.

Panthercougar68

None of this class have me excited.   Sure, 2 might end up being franchise QB's.   But we have no clue based on their college play.    And who ever comes to the Panthers,, will have a rough time becoming a franchise QB.  The parts to surround him aren't as good as we think we are.  We're not one player away, especially a rookie QB. 

There is no Cam Newton, or Peyton Manning  etc.  Look at Trevor Lawrence..  put him on a bad team, with a "strange" head coach,  and then fire the head coach, and in his second year, second offensive coordinator and he's not considered a franchise QB ..    Lawrence is good, but in  bad situation. 

So I don't think the QB we pick, and we will pick one.. will flourishes . 

Never forget,  we are a bad team.  We don't have a top 10 player at any position. ( maybe long snapper 😀 )

We've also seen teams turn it around in just a few years. 

• Beer 2

10 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Honestly, I'd stick with Matt Corral and see what we have there. Then spend the high draft pick on the top DE/Edge rusher in the draft and give our defense some teeth.

I think that's the safer bet.

I'm fine with a DE first if that is the way it falls but just sticking with Corral and putting the season all in that basket would be a huge red flag with the new crew. We would still have to bring in a vet and most likely still draft a QB at some point even if we didn't go with a QB with the top pick. 

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Why cant he practice in May and June during minicamp and OTAs? I thought he was expected to be out of his boot in December. 

Regardless it's not like MC9 isn't in the building watching film and listening.

It's not like he won't get the install as soon as the new regime comes in.

23 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Honestly, I'd stick with Matt Corral and see what we have there. Then spend the high draft pick on the top DE/Edge rusher in the draft and give our defense some teeth.

I think that's the safer bet.

We still need another young qb in the stable.  I tend to agree with bpa but that depends on where we're picking and the cutoff between the top talent and the next level.  It may not be around 15 or 16 this year. I have not cared enough to invest time on researching the top 100.

• Beer 1

37 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If I was a bears fan I would be pumped about the future, they just need to spend some cash and draft well.  I suspect they will have the chance to get the best tackle in the draft since the teams ahead of them will be focused on the qbs

They should be the favorites in free agency to snag two offensive lineman and at least one defensive lineman that are all starters. TJenkins when he’s out there has been a dominant guard. They would just need to sure up left tackle and center to be ok. 

4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Why cant he practice in May and June during minicamp and OTAs? I thought he was expected to be out of his boot in December. 

https://www.sportszion.com/matt-corral-lisfranc-injury-panthers-rookie-qb-likely-to-miss-11-6-months-if-surgery-is-required-per-sports-medicine

A Lisfranc injury is serious because of the strain football players place on their feet; the healing time can take anything from six months to a year, depending on the severity. A research from the American Journal of Sports Medicine in 2016 revealed that NFL athletes with Lisfranc injuries missed an average of 6.2 months when they skipped surgery, on the other hand those who received surgery missed an average of 11.6 months. Patients who need surgery typically can’t put any weight on the afflicted foot for six to eight weeks after the procedure.

He had surgery

4 hours ago, Varking said:

They should be the favorites in free agency to snag two offensive lineman and at least one defensive lineman that are all starters. TJenkins when he’s out there has been a dominant guard. They would just need to sure up left tackle and center to be ok. 

jenkins went form "please anyone trade us a mid-late pick for him" to PFF top OG. bears traded with the panthers in order to draft him, gave up waaay too much. then he had some big spine/back?? injury and season over. Hes had a insane start and story..

23 minutes ago, Basbear said:

jenkins went form "please anyone trade us a mid-late pick for him" to PFF top OG. bears traded with the panthers in order to draft him, gave up waaay too much. then he had some big spine/back?? injury and season over. Hes had a insane start and story..

Yeah he didn’t turn out to be some elite Tackle but he’s a monster at guard. Maybe if they draft Paris in the draft for LT they can kick Boram to LG and see if the magic works twice. But yeah they are lucky they didn’t trade him. 

45 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

https://www.sportszion.com/matt-corral-lisfranc-injury-panthers-rookie-qb-likely-to-miss-11-6-months-if-surgery-is-required-per-sports-medicine

A Lisfranc injury is serious because of the strain football players place on their feet; the healing time can take anything from six months to a year, depending on the severity. A research from the American Journal of Sports Medicine in 2016 revealed that NFL athletes with Lisfranc injuries missed an average of 6.2 months when they skipped surgery, on the other hand those who received surgery missed an average of 11.6 months. Patients who need surgery typically can’t put any weight on the afflicted foot for six to eight weeks after the procedure.

He had surgery

Two weeks ago during the broadcast of one of our games they talked about Corral having his boot removed in December. So I'd assume at that point he would be walking again... He shed the scooter about 1.5-2 months ago. 

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Two weeks ago during the broadcast of one of our games they talked about Corral having his boot removed in December. So I'd assume at that point he would be walking again... He shed the scooter about 1.5-2 months ago. 

There is another article (I will try to find it) that says when he had the surgery that it would be august at the earliest before he could practice in full.