• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns has never had a double digit sack season

Growl

2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

" the panthers were stupid to not trade him for 2 first and a 2nd". "He's a good player not a great one." 

woooo we win a meaningless game and that doesn’t change the fact the rams offered a stupid amount of compensation for him. The cowboys traded Hershel Walker for a kings ransom and proceeded to turn those picks into Super Bowls 

• Pie 3

He is a great young player at a premium position. I lean towards us making that trade (especially looking at the Rams starting to crumble), but I’m definitely not losing sleep over it. I like Burns and think he will be our defensive leader for a while.

Edited by ForJimmy
  • Pie 5

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He is a great young player at a premium position. I lean towards us making that trade (especially looking at the Rams starting to crumble), but I’m definite it losing sleep over it. I like Burns and think he will be our defensive leader for a while.

yeah, this is where I'm at, too. I do understand why the Panthers didn't want to trade him, but I probably make the trade personally when the 2nd this year got thrown in.

but then we have a huge, gaping hole at DE, which is unlikely to be properly filled next year or who knows in how long.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

woooo we win a meaningless game and that doesn’t change the fact the rams offered a stupid amount of compensation for him. The cowboys traded Hershel Walker for a kings ransom and proceeded to turn those picks into Super Bowls 

Thats true.  I didn't want to win said meaningless game. im only speaking on the talent itself. Given if u trade burns u have to draft a replacement who might not even be as good as him. Your spinning your wheels in place when you already have a young pro bowl talent.  Eventually you have to pay someone.

We havd the cap to do it because we sony have an established QB. so why add another hole just to get picks for picks sake. even with said pick your not guaranteed to get someone as good as burns is. 

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

How'd that work out for teams that traded their franchise players like the Jags w/ Ramsey and Jets w/ Adams?