• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't talk about playoffs.. well, sorry

bLACKpANTHER

6 hours ago, Seltzer said:

The Broncos still had a top 5 defense coming in. Much like us, their issues have been 99% on the offensive side, but they didn't roll over yesterday.  I don't think there was any lack of effort by either team, the Broncos offense is just that bad.

We've all seen way too much bad Sam to make any long-term prognostications, but Sam played good within the framework of the game yesterday, and he made several elite throws.  That TD and 52-yard bomb to DJ were elite throws.

This is a week-to-week league.  The Panthers look like a different team than they were under Rhule.  What does that mean for the remaining games?  I 100% agree that I think any record from 6-11 to 9-8 is possible.

And I'm at peace with that.  I feel better about the direction of the team now than I have since 2019.

Let's just enjoy the season and see what happens.  I genuinely don't understand the consternation over winning.

CJ Stroud & Bryce Young are not IMO generational players that we are in great "risk" of missing out on.  We're still going to have a chance to get a good QB prospect and have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.

It's not all sunshine and roses, but it's not all doom & gloom either

That top 5 defense absolutely quit in the second quarter after they didn't score with the fumble. I've never seen a team get broken by a opponent's screw up but it did. 

13 hours ago, grimesgoat said:

I said several weeks ago, there is a somewhat realistic scenario where everyone in our division finishes 7-10 and we make the playoffs with the best in-conference record. 

I realize we would then be picking around 18/19 and out of the top QB chase, but hosting a playoff game could be a positive building block.

There still would be good qbs in that range. We might not get the best QB but there is a solid 6 or 7 that are pretty legit.

• Pie 2

Seattle - That's the one thing about the NFL.  It's a copycat league.  Like Arizona last year.  Once teams figured out how to beat you, it's all downhill from there.  This is where I think Seattle is.  

Pittsburgh - They aren't the same team we are accustomed to seeing.  

Detroit - This is probably going to be our toughest opponent.  They have a very legitimate offense.   They can put up points and are playing much better defense than earlier in the season.  They went toe to toe with Buffalo on Turkey Day. 

Tampa - This will be a tough game because it will be in TB.  If we win this game we'll have the tie breaker over them if we somehow end up with the same record. 

New Orleans - They have a very good defense.  They would love nothing more than to destroy our playoff hopes in the last week of the season.

The defense is going to have to get us there and Darnold just needs not to screw it up. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Okay people keep focusing in 4-8.

We are 3-4 under Wilks, and an Eddy XP from being 4-3 under Wilks. 

…with THIS QB ROOM AND MCADOO…

The odds of us losing out…and the odds of motherfuging Sam Darnold leading us to the playoffs aren’t as different as you think. 

This could end up easily as the most bizarre season in team history. 

• Pie 4

52 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

The odds of us losing out…and the odds of motherfuging Sam Darnold leading us to the playoffs aren’t as different as you think. 

We’ve had the easiest schedule known to man. This season is turning into fools gold that will hurt us in the long run 

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Seattle - That's the one thing about the NFL.  It's a copycat league.  Like Arizona last year.  Once teams figured out how to beat you, it's all downhill from there.  This is where I think Seattle is.  

Pittsburgh - They aren't the same team we are accustomed to seeing.  

Detroit - This is probably going to be our toughest opponent.  They have a very legitimate offense.   They can put up points and are playing much better defense than earlier in the season.  They went toe to toe with Buffalo on Turkey Day. 

Tampa - This will be a tough game because it will be in TB.  If we win this game we'll have the tie breaker over them if we somehow end up with the same record. 

New Orleans - They have a very good defense.  They would love nothing more than to destroy our playoff hopes in the last week of the season.

The defense is going to have to get us there and Darnold just needs not to screw it up. 

I think this is a good assessment of our remaining opponents.  The only team that can halfway be called on the rise is Detroit, pending how the Steelers follow up last night.

That is not to say we will win the games that appear in reach.  The game plan we are likely to see against us is to try and stop the run and force us to beat them in the air.  Teams that are able to execute that will have a decent chance.

Before the season, I was concerned about both Seattle and Pittsburgh because they were not good on paper, but I thought their coaches would figure things out by the time we played them.  That is possible with Pittsburgh, but Seattle seems to be doing the direct opposite  I think the reason is exactly what was stated above.

8 hours ago, onmyown said:

we really should make a yearly December sticky thread to go over all the unrealistic and highly complex scenarios that need to happen for playoffs

seeing as it’s been a theme for over half a decade and all

problem is that not only are we not a really good team, we've got a bunch of other teams left on our schedule that also aren't very good. the only team left on the schedule with a winning record is seattle and they have already lost to bad teams that we have beaten, even at home. so far they've been swept by the NFCS and seem to have already peaked this year. 

its not all that unrealistic nor is the scenario particularly complex that would have us go to the playoffs. that's what happens when your whole division sucks. we've gone to the playoffs before without having a winning record. no reason that couldn't happen again. that's the "benefit" of being in a sucky division. someone has to go.

7 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

absolutely right. losing every game and winning every game on our easy schedule is just as likely to happen. 

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

problem is that not only are we not a really good team, we've got a bunch of other teams left on our schedule that also aren't very good. the only team left on the schedule with a winning record is seattle and they have already lost to bad teams that we have beaten, even at home. so far they've been swept by the NFCS and seem to have already peaked this year. 

its not all that unrealistic nor is the scenario particularly complex that would have us go to the playoffs. that's what happens when your whole division sucks. we've gone to the playoffs before without having a winning record. no reason that couldn't happen again. that's the "benefit" of being in a sucky division. someone has to go.

It's also much better to hope we make the playoffs, than to sit and hope we lose every game so we can draft a QB that isn't going to be available by our pick.

• Pie 3

If we win out, we are in the playoffs. All 5 games should be winnable. It's up to Darnold really. Our defense is the best unit out of any of the 10 units we have left on the schedule.

Crazy that we are two plays away from 6-6, and four plays away from 7-5, with everything that has happened this season

Edited by amcoolio