• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Carolina just unlucky?

NAS

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Another useless stat to track and leverage for someone's agenda. 

It's far from the most important, but I don't think it's useless. I think it's further proof that we're close. We have been competitive with a lame duck coach, no QB, and the worst luck in the NFL. We probably jump 5 spots in the rankings for each one of those three that get reversed.

I mean just this season, the difference between being 6-6 (and first in the division) and 4-8 are the result of 3 kicks: Cade York's 58 yard GW FG vs the Browns and Pinero's missed 48 yard GW XP and 33 yard GW FG in OT at Atlanta.

We have gone 0-3 in 1 score games (Ls to Browns, at NYG, at ATL). I don't count the Saints game as a 1 score game because that game was pretty much decided, but even if you do, it's 1-3.  

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

It's far from the most important, but I don't think it's useless. I think it's further proof that we're close. We have been competitive with a lame duck coach, no QB, and the worst luck in the NFL. We probably jump 5 spots in the rankings for each one of those three that get reversed.

How is it working out for the Steelers and Denver then? Steelers being the luckiest team in the NFL yet are a losing team and the bottom of the AFC North.