• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Carolina just unlucky?

NAS

4 hours ago, philit99 said:

Home field advantage plays a huge part. Since our fans only show up when we are winning, this chart seems about right. If we had more dedicated loud, raucous fans, it would be different.

Someone gave your post a poo but it's very true and they must be one of the nozzles who do just that as the truth hurts we all know. Here is some pie to make up for that poo.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, NAS said:

You must be fun at parties 

Debbie Downer Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

7 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

haha that did come off negative didnt it? Mainly, just stating that you know someone is goin to use this as an excuse to why they didnt have a winnning season or win a super bowl.... or even why a team DID win a super bowl.

Still sounds like the guy who brings his stamp collection to mixers 

2 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

Someone gave your post a poo but it's very true and they must be one of the nozzles who do just that as the truth hurts we all know. Here is some pie to make up for that poo.

It was me and blaming the fans for a teams losses is fuging stupid. The same people who do this don’t show up to games themselves unless they have free tickets. 

1 hour ago, X-Clown said:

It was me and blaming the fans for a teams losses is fuging stupid. The same people who do this don’t show up to games themselves unless they have free tickets. 

No one is blaming the fans. I’m saying that a screaming crowd will make a kicker miss, or pump the home team up to strip a ball. We just don’t have the following the other teams have and it shows. My god were you there when we played San Francisco? It was me and two other guys in our entire section wearing blue panther gear, everyone else was red. It makes a huge difference.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, X-Clown said:

I took it as hik not putting all the blame on the fans but stating a true fact that home field advantage does in fact play a very important role. When you have whine and cheese fans who do only show up when the team is winning I can see how it most definitely could affect that home field advantage. It may not be the ultimate deciding factor but nobody can deny home field advantage with rowdy fans most definitely helps the home team.

11 hours ago, philit99 said:

No one is blaming the fans. I’m saying that a screaming crowd will make a kicker miss, or pump the home team up to strip a ball. We just don’t have the following the other teams have and it shows. My god were you there when we played San Francisco? It was me and two other guys in our entire section wearing blue panther gear, everyone else was red. It makes a huge difference.

Your first two sentences are just guesses, is there any actual evidence that either of these things happen with more crowd noise? Players practice for road games with simulated noise, they are prepared for it - BOA was pretty fuging loud for that 58 yarder that a rookie kicker drilled in Week one. Blaming the lack of crowd noise to motivate a defense to get turnovers sounds straight out of the Matt Rhule playbook for excuse making.

The San Francisco game was one of the three games I've missed other than the pandemic season in the last 18 years due to prior commitments before the schedule was released. I sold my tickets to that game to a fellow Panther fan at a discount when I could have easily sold for over face to a niner fan. But at that game, (and most others in the last two years) what the fug do you have to cheer for? Can you blame anyone who doesn't want to eat several thousand dollars a year and waste hours of their life to watch the bullshit we've been subjected to? 

I'm just kind of done with people on this board criticizing PSL owners no matter what they do. When we show up to bad football games, we're told that we're content with losing and shouldn't show up to send a message. If we don't, we get blamed for opposing team's fans taking over. Mostly from people who only show up if tickets are free and they're winning.

11 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

I took it as hik not putting all the blame on the fans but stating a true fact that home field advantage does in fact play a very important role. When you have whine and cheese fans who do only show up when the team is winning I can see how it most definitely could affect that home field advantage. It may not be the ultimate deciding factor but nobody can deny home field advantage with rowdy fans most definitely helps the home team.

see above