• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fowler interview with Matt Rhule ‘fans sealed his fare’

raleigh-panther

Nobody is getting five years to build an nfl team, especially when you are not doing well anywhere the first two and half seasons in. You don’t even get 5 years in college any more to put a program in place. 

if Tepper told him that, that was wrong. And even dumber for him to believe it. It’s proven that you can change a team culture and record overnight in the NFL. 

and yes, he lost the fans. 

• Pie 3

If he was so into building why jettison Cam and waste money on TB5.  I know Cam was a shell of himself but probably better than any QB we've put out there since he left.  He dug a hole he couldn't get out of with that decision.  We wasted draft picks and money trying to fill that void.  It would have been better to draft a QB and let him learn behind Cam.

He talked about building but showed no growth in our team.  His bullhead decisions on Christensen and other players just showed that he was going to win with his free agent decisions and well he didn't.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 5

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Panthers owner Dave Tepper

Rhule: “I appreciate the fact that he gave me a contract that allowed me to take care of my family moving forward. ... I appreciate that he took a chance on me and I’m sorry it didn’t work out. I’m sorry I wasn’t the right fit for him. ... Really, I have nothing to say, except I’m just grateful for the opportunity.

"Got paid. Jokes on you"

Of course he starts off commenting about how he feels. "Don't worry Panthers fans out there, I'm not mad or bitter" Nobody asked him about his personal feelings. It's not like he got done wrong, he got 3 years and like 5 QB's. He's said the same BS in every interview, I wish someone would challenge his bs and push him off his prepared remarks 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

He just needs to stop talking. I'm having a real hard time being compassionate towards him, but his Narcissism just screams so loudly. He has not taken accountability on his failures and continues to point the finger to everything and everybody else. Just because you have a 7 year plan doesn't mean it's ok to lose/suck at your job along the way. I'm tired of his euphemisms and would appreciate it if he just acknowledges that he did a poor job and stop talking about us (Panthers and fans).  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Judo Thoreau said:

It seems like he’s setting himself up to take the credit when the next coach comes in, finds a legit QB and the team starts winning. 

If it wasn't for this press run I'm sure there'd be fans that would have given him some credit with time. 

Flip-flopped on how much control he had. "What I don’t want to do is be the coach who blames the players" but we have numerous examples of him doing it. He's cemented his legacy as a double talking con man.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Of course he starts off commenting about how he feels. "Don't worry Panthers fans out there, I'm not mad or bitter" Nobody asked him about his personal feelings. It's not like he got done wrong, he got 3 years and like 5 QB's. He's said the same BS in every interview, I wish someone would challenge his bs and push him off his prepared remarks 

"Don't worry guys I'm not mad or bitter...."

Also Matt Rhule for doing nothing but being terrible:

Make It Rain Money GIF

Schitts Creek Ok GIF by CBC

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, firstdayfan said:

Here's my thing...he says he understands the business but apparently thought he had 4+ years to build a winning product. So yeah, he apparently doesn't understand this business at all.

Hes a used car salesmen that also stands on the sidelines during football games. Good riddance.

Very good point.