• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bye bye Baker

TN05

3 hours ago, CRA said:

it wasn't intentional.  Just quick.  Updated

QB A: 56%, 196 yard avg, 4 TDs, 6 INTs, 1 FL, 1 rush TD

QB B: 57%, 167 yard avg, 3 TDs, 5 INTs, 2 FL, 1 rush TD

I said their last 6 starts, so yeah, this skips over the the Cincy game for Baker and the Tampa game for Sam.  Neither started.  Both played.   I went back 6 starts because going back further obviously puts Baker on different team.   And it's a what have you done for me lately league. 

They suck.  You are the one expressing outrage because someone else argued Baker was still better than trash Darnold.  Why would you even care someone said that? 

I remember when I called out trash McAdoo.  The Rhule/McAdoo era is what you are referencing.  I remember Wilks talking about how they were going to change some things and it was evident game 1 of Wilks that a new offensive thumbprint was put down.   So yeah, defenses no longer are keying in on McAdoo's RPO bullshit every snap that went down under Rhule.  Wilks too old school for that.   He just runs the damn ball at people now.  Which is what Rhule should of had McAdoo doing.  Funny how you ignore that.   Rhule is a clown and let McAdoo do clown things.  Now Wilks just runs at people. 

Sam is horrific.  Baker is horrific.  Who cares about either. 

and Matt Rhule would probably be employed today if he started PJ Walker and actually ran and emphasized the run like he talked about (and never actually did).  He couldn't even manage to get McAdoo to do the basics he preached on.   I mean, it's hard to argue that Steve Wilks didn't alter what McAdoo was doing on O. 

The Darnold Defense League is perplexing. I don't understand hitching your wagon to that one. What a small and insignificant hill to die on.

6 hours ago, mccjeff said:

I know everyone thinks it was a fake and pointless qb competition because obviously Baker was the starter. But apparently there should have been one and it looks like it should have been Sam that won. Or PJ. Save the heat. It was stupid.

I thought that day I was in Spartanburg that Baker looked like trash and Darnold looked better. I posted comments here that day raising my concerns.

• Pie 2

14 hours ago, Toomers said:

Makes you wonder if the Eagles or Cowboys won’t try to keep him away from SF. He’s looked horrible but it wouldn’t be too surprising for Shanahan to breathe life into a struggling QB. 

What team is stepping in to keep Mayfield away from starting for a rival?

He's awful. You'd pay for his Uber if you were the Eagles or the Cowboys. 

Baker's deficiencies as a QB were covered up by the Browns offensive scheme and talent.  He's always had problems with his accuracy and decision making leading to awful turnovers.  I tried to point this out in the offseason and nobody wanted to hear it.  But if you watched him play for the Browns, you knew what we were getting was Sam Darnold+ at best.

Nothing against the guy personally.  He's just not very good at QB.

2 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Baker's deficiencies as a QB were covered up by the Browns offensive scheme and talent.  He's always had problems with his accuracy and decision making leading to awful turnovers.  I tried to point this out in the offseason and nobody wanted to hear it.  But if you watched him play for the Browns, you knew what we were getting was Sam Darnold+ at best.

Nothing against the guy personally.  He's just not very good at QB.

You mean actually having an OL? Also we still need to draft a god damn center. It better be our first pick next year. 

Edited by Harbingers