• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson declares for the draft

Ricky Spanish

Just now, kungfoodude said:

So you basically just had an entire argument in your own head that didn't have any relation to the actual argument you typed into words on a publicly viewable message board.

Got it. 

I don't really know how you got that but sure. 

Saying he's got similar running abilities to Cam doesn't mean I'm saying he's the same player is my point.

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

That's a fine perspective. I'm also okay with us not drafting a QB in the first. But, AR does have a lot of potential and the right coach can likely unlock it.

As to Willis, he was a more polished passer but a weaker prospect overall. AR compares crazy well to Josh Allen and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the same area.  If he doesn't, I suspect it'll have to do with how he does in interviews and the like. 

Yes, Richardson has a much higher ceiling than Willis. I think that goes without saying, really. 

I am not 100% sure we will be in a position to nurture a guy with as many problems as Richardson has. But that can be said of any rookie QB to an extent.

We will see what happens. Maybe we can jump up this draft board enough to have better options at QB.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean JaMarcus Russell was brimming with potential. As was Ryan Leaf. Potential is part of the equation, not the answer to it.

Or, as a buddy of mine once said, "Potential just means you haven't done poo yet."

Valid.

To be clear, you don't have to be the next Andrew Luck. You just have to be able to play at a high level in the NFL. And the reality is that most of the guys who are drafted this year won't live up to that description.

And yes, that could very easily include guys drafted in the first round.

(it frequently does)

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am not anti-Richardson. I am anti-Richardson in the first round. You give me Richardson with our 2nd round pick, you won't hear a single complaint from me. Quality gamble.

Richardson is a first round player though, and while I don't think he'll be top 10, I don't think he makes it too far out of the 20s, definitely not the Titans if they make it to the playoffs. Arm strength, size, speed, upside. He's shown the ability to through with touch, throw on a rope, thrown on the move. I'm a floor guy more than ceiling guy, but that's not the mindset of the NFL GM or Front Office. 

2 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Based on what? His lack of reps under Rhule? His injury by our swiss cheese piece of crap oline? Did you see the play where he got hurt? Absolutely no pass blocking.  The guy managed to get through two years of SEC play as a running qb. No one knows if he can succeed at this point.  

His college career for one. Corral never took over a game his junior year and looks to have regressed from his sophomore season and only played really well against the likes of Austin Peay.

And yeah, in preseason he didn't even look like he belonged with the 4th string guys.

1 hour ago, Rags said:

Richardson is a first round player though, and while I don't think he'll be top 10, I don't think he makes it too far out of the 20s, definitely not the Titans if they make it to the playoffs. Arm strength, size, speed, upside. He's shown the ability to through with touch, throw on a rope, thrown on the move. I'm a floor guy more than ceiling guy, but that's not the mindset of the NFL GM or Front Office. 

TBD. We did see Willis and supposedly all his ceiling drop like a rock.

I am interested to see how it plays out.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If the choice is between Will Levis or Anthony Richardson, I'm rolling the dice on Richardson all day everyday.

I personally want to see the combine, pro days, interviews and predraft stuff before I decide but both would be in the mix if we place out of the other two guys (IMO)

11 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I personally want to see the combine, pro days, interviews and predraft stuff before I decide but both would be in the mix if we place out of the other two guys (IMO)

My concern with Levis is age. Basically a pure measurables, raw tools, potential guy who will be 24 before he ever puts on an NFL jersey? Richardson has higher potential and he's three years younger. Just not sure a 24 year old is gonna make a huge developmental jump.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My concern with Levis is age. Basically a pure measurables, raw tools, potential guy who will be 24 before he ever puts on an NFL jersey? Richardson has higher potential and he's three years younger. Just not sure a 24 year old is gonna make a huge developmental jump.

I don't want either but Levis is better than AR15

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly was not aware of his age…definitely a concern 

He has been seriously underwhelming this season as well

Edited by Shocker