• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How good is Brian Burns 2022 campaign?

micnificent28

1 hour ago, Snake said:

He's a good pass rusher. No one will argue that. He's definitely not a complete DE though. His angles he takes to the ball sometimes are not great. Wanting to replace him with 2 1sts was a good deal but that's over and we move on. 

I don't think he's a defensive end. hes a 3-4 edge. Beyond that hes an elite athlete and can play in space and coverage. we have seen him take picks to the house and so on. Other than being suspect in the run game i have 0 complaints about him. and hes super young. Core guy potentially a HOF talent.

10 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I don't think he's a defensive end. hes a 3-4 edge. Beyond that hes an elite athlete and can play in space and coverage. we have seen him take picks to the house and so on. Other than being suspect in the run game i have 0 complaints about him. and hes super young. Core guy potentially a HOF talent.

Picks to the house?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

or maybe straight pass rushers are not the unicorns that some on here make it out to be

Oh, they are. A lot of them just bust because a lot of the 1st rounders are drafted on pure athletic ability. They have the tools to become elite but the bust potential is very high too. If they weren't unicorns pass rushers wouldn't be the 3rd highest paid position in the league. QB, WR, edge rushers. That's your top three.

• Pie 2

55 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

When has he taken a pick to the house?

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I really don't understand the hate he gets at times.  He's an elite pass rusher. There's a reason why we fielded the offers we did for him. The dude is a very valuable roster piece. 

With that said, we're gonna continue to suck until we fix our coaching and quarterbacking problems.

Burns gets some stats but I don't feel like he's a game-changer. I'm admittedly not glued to the TV this year though so perhaps that has changed this year. I understand keeping him but given his limitations in the run game I would have leaned towards taking the Rams offer.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Burns gets some stats but I don't feel like he's a game-changer. I'm admittedly not glued to the TV this year though so perhaps that has changed this year. I understand keeping him but given his limitations in the run game I would have leaned towards taking the Rams offer.

Pass rushers are only game changers if you're a competitive team. Hell, this is true for pretty much every position outside of QB. QB is really the only position where one guy can significantly change what you are as a team.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1