• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How good is Brian Burns 2022 campaign?

micnificent28

6 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

No one hates him people are just upset we turned down a kings ransom for a player that isn’t a complete player ready to cash in as one 

I know this. But him not being traded (not his fault) and any contract he gets (not his fault) has resulted in people talking out their ass and pretending that he’s a JAG.

It’s silly and jaded. 

People are getting upset Burns isn't getting a sack every game?  That would put him at 17 sacks?  Julius Peppers best season was 14.5 sacks and is 4th all time in the NFL for sacks.  People need to cut Burns a little slack here.  Let's get an actual decent player on his other side instead of YGM and see how he does.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

People are getting upset Burns isn't getting a sack every game?  That would put him at 17 sacks?  Julius Peppers best season was 14.5 sacks and is 4th all time in the NFL for sacks.  People need to cut Burns a little slack here.  Let's get an actual decent player on his other side instead of YGM and see how he does.

Burns and DJ are too good for the fan base, just like McCaffrey and Cam. Need a likable loser to rally around.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

None of it is his fault, he deserves whatever he gets. I liken him to CMC. CMC was our best offensive weapon since a healthy Cam but the contract, injuries and not being SB competitive while needing a QB and coach made him worth trading for a bunch of picks. Burns is the same. Not sure if he’s our best defensive player right now, but he’s in the top 3, but the bounty was worth taking. We need a serious infusion of talent and two 1sts, a 2nd and the cap space from his upcoming deal to sign two marquee FAs is a bounty. The Rams at that time were in win now mode and we weren’t. I still don’t think we are yet.

most valuable players on the panthers

1.Ikem

(not even a close 2nd)

2. Horn

Tie 3/4 Brown Burns

5. Chinn

One of those players is getting ready to get 30 million a year

16 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Peppers also had games without sacks and zero impact. Burns isn’t Peppers, but the over reacting and wanting to hate the dude is interesting to watch. 

He can't win with some of these ppl. If he has a good game? It was only 1 game, he needs to bring more. If he has a bad game? He's trash. 

Some folks wanted those picks so bad they are willing to say anything to soothe their frayed nerves.

• Beer 3

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

That’s a big bunch of Bull poo. I have not been doing that. I feel like I added a caveat of I don’t dislike Burns but I like the trade every post about the trade. I always said he was a great draft pick and is very good player for us. I know I said in here that I was extremely happy with picking him and that based on my watching him in combine drills that he’d be good in coverage and score a defensive TD his rookie year. You can have fun searching the 2019 draft threads if you’d like.

I’m not going to say he’s Parsons, Garrett, Donald, Bosa, etc. all around great with good run D as well, but I have been 100% clear about the trade. I absolutely think we would have been better off with $30M a year for two marquee FAs, the Rams very high 2023 2nd and their 2024 1st and 2025 1st instead of Burns at $30M a year. I have never said Burns sucks or tried hard to act like he’s bad and not someone I want on the team.

I’m sure there is hate but not from me. This is also where people’s lack of understanding comes into play. You may want to read a bit better because you don’t see it. You don’t have to be against Burns to want the trade. You also don’t have to love Burns if you didn’t like the trade. Some folks would have been fine if it was a 2023 1st and 2024 1st.

That's great you wanted to draft him and hear you don't dislike him but if every time he does something positive it is downplayed and every time he doesn't have a 2-3 sack game people are going to wail about the Rams offer we didn't take it's just getting hella old and sounds like hate. People made more excuses for McCaffrey and he missed a significant number of games after signing his big contract. Burns value isn't going anywhere no matter what you me or any other fan thinks about how good he is compared to his peers the best option is wait and see what shakes out next year. Our first second and third goal should and will be identifying our young franchise QB by any means necessary.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

If people are expecting at least one sack a game, that's unrealistic for pretty much anyone.  I would just like to see him get more pressure when he is being single teamed.  Some games like yesterday he is just kept quiet for 4 quarters.  But to be fair, Peppers had games like that too.

• Poo 1

8 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

If people are expecting at least one sack a game, that's unrealistic for pretty much anyone.  I would just like to see him get more pressure when he is being single teamed.  Some games like yesterday he is just kept quiet for 4 quarters.  But to be fair, Peppers had games like that too.

PFF stated he ranked 4th in pressures in the league with 53?  @Toomers posted it a few comments up.  HIs run defense continues to be an issue, but Brown has helped with that a good bit IMO.

2 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

The people still harping on the trade offer and repeating the same talking points is exhausting. 

Trade deadline is over. Everyone gets the argument for trading him. Everyone gets the arguments for keeping him. 

It’s groundhogs day in here. 

More like delusional Carolina Panthers fans that think we should hand out massive contract extensions to players that aren't worth it. It's the Carolina Panthers way and it's funny to see Marty Hurney's spirit is  alive and well living through you guys on this board.

Just wait until we hand Burns that massive extension and he goes back to doing what hes best at, disappearing.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1