• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest draft needs...

Sam the Cat

1 minute ago, Varking said:

It’s this. If we are forced to play ball control smash mouth run game every week and throw for 130 yards a game we are in trouble. Best way to fix that is infuse the QB position with actual talent. 

Don't disagree, but our WRs and TEs are probably the worst in the NFL besides the Bears.  Whoever the QB ends up being will need more help than is on the team today.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

An elite QB, sure, but I don't see what Darnold did wrong today. You can win a lot of games with a QB that doesn't turn the ball over. 

We need a starting DE, a starting TE and a starting WR something fierce. 

Yeah they tried lots of passing plays in the 1st half and guys couldn't get open. I'm sure that's partly on McAdoo but I wouldn't be mad at the TCU WR, Notre Dame TE, or Josh Downs/Jalin Hyatt a little further back

If we're going with Sam next season, or some other marginally talented vet QB, then I'd like a tall #1 WR to add some explosiveness to the passing game. If not, then an NBA player type TE who can be a terror one on one and in the redzone. We need to juice up this passing offense so we don't blown out against teams like the Bengals that can toss it around.

On defense another pass rusher would be nice. We're not getting enough pressure against good teams, and anyone can pressure a bad team.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

An elite QB, sure, but I don't see what Darnold did wrong today. You can win a lot of games with a QB that doesn't turn the ball over. 

45 running plays vs 24 passing in which only 14 were completed averaging 5 yards a per pass attempt. Darnold played decent, but our offensive strategy was once again don’t let Darnold lose the game. Limit his attempts (especially deep passes) to lower his risk. He is definitely the weakest link on offense. TE is pretty bad as well…

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

You can win a lot of games with that type of QB play IF the other team gifts you three turnovers.

Darnold looks serviceable because the entire offensive game plan basically boils down to don't let Darnold thrown the game away.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Don't disagree, but our WRs and TEs are probably the worst in the NFL besides the Bears.  Whoever the QB ends up being will need more help than is on the team today.

I know Sullivan is our 3rd TE, but when Darnold escapes pressure, rolls out and throws a dime that hits you right between the numbers that you drop, I don't know how people can say "darn, if only we had a QB".

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You can win a lot of games with that type of QB play IF the other team gifts you three turnovers.

Darnold looks serviceable because the entire offensive game plan basically boils down to don't let Darnold thrown the game away.

Well he's executed the game plan two weeks in a row. Go team. 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, Varking said:

It’s this. If we are forced to play ball control smash mouth run game every week and throw for 130 yards a game we are in trouble. Best way to fix that is infuse the QB position with actual talent. 

Who in the draft would better than Darnold in their first year (2023)?  My answer is none as long as they are on the Panthers. We got Jags for pass catcher...Did you see DK, Lockett,and wr3, TEs running routes to get open, coming back for the ball  and fightin to hold on?  Panthers stone hands and feet pass catcher cant get open or when they do drops them.

Not saying Darnold is good...he is servicable and young.  Just get some better coaching with better talents.

Edited by Sam the Cat

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Well he's executed the game plan two weeks in a row. Go team. 

My point is that we're winning by downplaying the QB position. That is not sustainable in the modern NFL.

I just hope Tepper isn't falling for this poo but he has been utterly hapless as an owner so far so I'm sure he thinks his team has arrived.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

I know Sullivan is our 3rd TE, but when Darnold escapes pressure, rolls out and throws a dime that hits you right between the numbers that you drop, I don't know how people can say "darn, if only we had a QB".

If a rookie QB everyone was excited about did that, everyone would be shouting how he made a great throw but the guy dropped it.  I'm not crazy about Sam, but I wish people could be more objective.

• Pie 1