• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you all in on a Panthers Playoff Push?

Zod

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly think it's fool's gold. We've beaten the Falcons (terrible). The Broncos (terrible). The Ravens (reeling, 1-3 over their last 4). The Seahawks (reeling, 2-3 over their past five with all three losses being to teams with losing records).

Even with our offensive game plan entirely built around decreasing Sam Darnold's ability to lose games for us, that multiple turnover game is coming. We all know it.

I agree, we aren't very good.  But you don't have to be any good to go to the playoffs.

You just have to stink less than everyone else in your division.

If we win either the Steelers or Lions game which isn't too far of a stretch, then it comes down to the Bucs game, who we already trounced at home.

Imagine, Jan 1st, beating the Bucs in Tampa, winning the division, going to the playoffs and ending Tom Brady's career, in one game.   It would be the best holiday present ever.  God bless us, everyone.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 8

7 hours ago, stbugs said:

If Seattle and the Giants don’t pick it up, Baltimore, Cincy and SF may be the only above .500 teams we play all year. Seattle has 3 tough games out of 4. Giants have 3 tough games as well but may be saved as Philly may rest. Heck, Detroit will probably end up being our 4th best opponent and could get above .500 if they beat us. Just amazing to me for 17 games you’ve got 3 good opponents and 3 opponents flirting with .500 and 11 opponents that are going to be under .500.

I don’t recall us ever having this easy of a schedule in a long time.

I know right?  All the preseason talk about how much harder this year's schedule was going to be.  In the end, if it was harder, it wasn't by much. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, onmyown said:

Soon as we were out of range for top two qbs, I really don’t care. If this team beats the Cowboys in round one, I will be much more interested because even by chance they make it, it will be due to a trash division, just like when we made it 7-9 and it was realized very quickly that team had absolutely no business being there.

That team that "had absolutely no business being there" won their first round matchup and lost to the NFC's representative in the Super Bowl that year. Not sure how that equates to having "absolutely no business being there."

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes, I want to win games. I want what Tepper promised us. Long-term success. Consistent success. Contenders year in and year out.

Going to the playoffs as a losing team simply because you're in one of the worst divisions in NFL history isn't "winning".

Love the give up attitude before they even make the dance. 

Edited by pantherclaw
  • Beer 1