• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you all in on a Panthers Playoff Push?

Zod

Only way I could actually see tanking would be if we were out of the playoff picture and the last couple games determined whether we'd get the #1 pick (and that there was a "can't miss" #1 pick hero that would be there.)

Outside of that, I'd think it would do more damage than good.  For example, I can only imagine what a player would think about a team that's willing to trash that player's rep and future employment.  For many of them, it's their only chance in the NFL.  Doesn't seem like that would draw many quality free agents either.

5 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

How long has it been since we were in the playoff hunt in mid-December? I was in tank mode a month ago, but this team has me believing. We have legit chance at a winning record and a Div Championship. 

I agree. This team has some late season fight for the first time in years. And playoffs or no, I'd much rather finish strong than hoping and praying to lose so we can move up a couple of spots in the draft for God's sake. A lot more fun to follow and much better way to move forward.

Edited by antame
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1