• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brock Purdy

NAS

Just now, frankw said:

Not saying he's in the conversation but let's throw him in there anyways after just 3 starts? Go easy throwing around the word dumb my guy.

Well perhaps Scot's word "silly" would have been more apropos. 

You can try and put words in people's mouths and thoughts in their heads all you like, but bottom line is that I didn't put him in that conversation, but you did put him in the Allen and Heinicke conversation which based upon play is not justifiable.

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Well perhaps Scot's word "silly" would have been more apropos. 

You can try and put words in people's mouths and thoughts in their heads all you like, but bottom line is that I didn't put him in that conversation, but you did put him in the Allen and Heinicke conversation which based upon play is not justifiable.

There was a Washington fan here who told me point blank after they defeated us last season Taylor Heinicke was their new franchise quarterback.

The bottom line is 3 games do not make a career in either direction.

Let it play out.

Edited by frankw

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Which is what I and others suggested from the beginning. It is OK to appreciate what the kid has done, at least in my world.

I don't there's an issue in appreciating what he's doing. Wishing you got him in an imaginary situational trade is what the issue is. Thinking he would be doing the same here is also an issue. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Kyle Allen Taylor Heinicke Brock Purdy certain NFL fans love to fap to these kinds of stories.

You mean the underdog? These gentlemen are definitely underdog QB stories. Who doesn't love an underdog, or did you just spit on Rudy's grave?

Blasphemer!

*Gets a pitchfork*

Down with the heretic!

Kidding aside I will agree that some folks get themselves all worked up about underdogs when there's a long history of guys like this flashing and then ultimately getting figured out by NFL level defenses. Personally I think it's perfectly fine to pull for guys like this, show them some love, etc., but hold off on demanding trades for them or declaring them our franchise QB (looks at Snake and Kyle Allen) until they've shown they can do it for more than a handful of games.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I don't there's an issue in appreciating what he's doing. Wishing you got him in an imaginary situational trade is what the issue is. Thinking he would be doing the same here is also an issue. 

I don't think anyone said that he'd be doing the same here. Hell, he may have been cut here, or hurt, and not had any type of development. As for wishing we had got him in a trade, there's really no harm in that. But, even if that's the "issue", address that, don't just throw the kid in with people whom you perceive are failures.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Purdy leads all rookie QBs this year in Touchdown passes.

He has started two games and played in 3.

Hmm what all rookies have played?  I know WIllis played one game, Pickett has played several but can't stay healthy, Howell hasn't played, Corral hasn't played, Ridder hasn't played but will this weekend....  Am I missing some others?

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

for sure it's an ideal situation, but to me he looks better than Trey Lance ever did in that offense. looks better than Jimmy G, too. 

Lance had an entire season behind Jimmy G and looked terrible in his 2 starts.  Some huddlers making excuses for him, yet Purdy comes in and operates the offense like Lance should have.  To me, many have a double standards when it comes to validating trading away 3 1st for a QB that looks worse than MR. IRRELEVANT. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, jamos14 said:

Shannahan's system is the best for QBs; no question.  He has made Jimmy G look like a Pro-Bowler for years.   Purdy is a good story but this is mostly on Kyle and his play calling, play design, OL, and CMC.

Yet Trey Lance has not performed 

11 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Lance had an entire season behind Jimmy G and looked terrible in his 2 starts.  Some huddlers making excuses for him, yet Purdy comes in and operates the offense like Lance should have.  To me, many have a double standards when it comes to validating trading away 3 1st for a QB that looks worse than MR. IRRELEVANT. 

2 games lol   bust amirite?