• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brock Purdy

NAS

Looks great, doesn't he?

Now put him in Jacksonville.  Or here.  Or New Orleans.

As others have said, he looks great, and he's doing a good job, BUT he's in the most QB friendly system ever.  When you have an elite play calling HC (Shanahan, McVey, Reid), they can make nearly anyone look good.

Purdy is playing well, within the system, but so far he hasn't had to go toe to toe with a rip roaring NFL team.  Can he go drive for drive with any of the best offenses in the NFL?  Not yet.  I will also say his outside throw float so I don't think he's got particularly good arm strength. 

7 hours ago, j2sgam said:

His situation is e’rything. Coach, OL , defense, even CMC set him up for success… sure we coulda had him, but without the feast around him, Mr.Irrevelant is just that…

or, I’m wrong…,

initially that's what i was thinking...situation is everything.

but you watch him and the guy is smart, he's reading the defense, and he's making poo happen when things start to fall apart. of course things don't fall apart too often with that offense, but still when you watch him throughout the course of the game he doesn't look like some guy that's a rookie who was nearly undrafted playing in his second start. i mean the excitement between and after plays and scores is definitely there, but when he's in action the guy just looks 

for sure it's an ideal situation, but to me he looks better than Trey Lance ever did in that offense. looks better than Jimmy G, too. 

it could just be that purdy is one of a bunch of good QBs over the years that fell through the cracks.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

That's about when Kyle Allen got figured out.

There is a big difference between Purdy and Allen.

What Purdy has shown is that game experience in college matters. 4 year starter, comes in and plays like a veteran. Who knew?

Yet people want us to draft Anthony Richardson who has played one full season and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with the ball. If we draft him, it better be a tight end conversion project.

Otherwise, take Michael Meyer of Notre Dame and Jalyn Hyatt of Tennessee and call it a day 1 and 2. Roll with Corral and Darnold.

Just now, Ivan The Awesome said:

Guys...calm the fug down. It's a Kyle Shanahan led OFFENSE. Like calm your tits. 

And with McCaffrey in for 90% of their offensive snaps. I remember a certain 3 game stretch where Darnold was being hailed a rousing success under such circumstances.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

44 minutes ago, frankw said:

Kyle Allen Taylor Heinicke Brock Purdy certain NFL fans love to fap to these kinds of stories.

Frank, you make some good comments, but this one is dumb. 

Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, and even our very own Jake Delhomme (though less accomplished than the other two) are instances of guys "coming out of nowhere" and succeeding. Now I'm not saying that Purdy is in that conversation, because his body of work is just starting, but he is off to a good start. 

• Pie 1

Just now, top dawg said:

Frank, you make some good comments, but this one is dumb. 

Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, and even our very own Jake Delhomme (though less accomplished than the other two) are instances of guys "coming out of nowhere" and succeeding. Now I'm not saying that Purdy is in that conversation, because his body of work is just starting, but he is off to a good start. 

Not saying he's in the conversation but let's throw him in there anyways after just 3 starts? Go easy throwing around the word dumb my guy.