• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now picking 7th…

*FreeFua*

29 minutes ago, RJK said:

Jeez they need QB, LB, safety, TE, WR, DL, and depth…lot to fix 

We could honestly do a lot worse than picking a mismatch TE in the first round. 

Someone that can run past LBs and go up above S. Ideally someone that can block too. It would really open up our offence. 

47 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

We’re still in decent position to get a top 5 pick. With todays loss, it’s time to shut this thing down.

The coaches/team will feel they still have a shot at the division, and especially with TB playing Cincy, they are right.  So we'll see how it goes...

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

We could honestly do a lot worse than picking a mismatch TE in the first round. 

Someone that can run past LBs and go up above S. Ideally someone that can block too. It would really open up our offence. 

I don't get the people on the TE train. How many teams that drafted a TE in the 1st round look back fondly on that decision? Plus TEs tend to have a steeper transition from college to pros for whatever reason. Even Kyle Pitts was supposed to be a once in a generation freak that was closer to a WR1 than a tight end and he went from a promising rookie year to invisible most weeks this year. What's his best case scenario? Debatably ok value at the 4th pick? No way I go TE in the 1st and preferably not even with either 2nd. 

43 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Funny thing is if we finish at #7 by season's end, Levis is likely the pick.

I wouldn't be so sure. there are teams above us that have quarterbacks and we have some ammunition to make a jump if we need it. my hope is that Denver will be motivated to push that Seahawks pick down the board and will stay competitive through the remainder of the year instead of packing up. If we can get Chicago at #2 overall, we could make a compelling case to jump Seattle, Indy, and Detroit for Stroud if we liked him enough. Chicago needs a lot. Arguably more than we do and we have an offensive line ready for a plug and play starter. They might be best taking the draft capital and going playmaker with our 1st and still getting their choice of the WR/TE crop. Detroit would have better picks to offer, but it would make sense for them to pick twice and who knows what they think of Jared Goff right now with how Dan Campbell has these guys playing. They might give him one more season. It's going to depend a lot on not just our pick, but the least QB needy team that ends up in the Top 3. 

17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Stroud wins the division next year

Nah. Stroud can't play with any sort of rush near him. Young at least dances in the backfield or finds a way to make plays even when rushed. Both should be gone before the Panthers pick though, which means the Panthers are going to have to make a choice between Levis and Richardson if they go QB. Richardson needs work and Levis seems to be a Darnold clone. I'd prefer swinging for the fences and going Richardson between those two.