• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well hell

ladypanther

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Holy cow that was hard to watch. 21 yds rushing!!  O line was mauled.  Moton looked like a rookie.  Did not think I would be saying that Darnold's arm was the only thing that kept us in the game...and he was under constant duress..handled it well. 108 passer rating.  And ...where was the D? SMH

The only positives I can think of from Sunday are that Dallas and Tampa got embarrassed (sorry Mr Scot).  Oh and that game ending play big time screw up by New England. 🤣

Before Sunday happened thought that this team had something to build on...poof.....gone.

It gets worse.  Tepper will be making decisions about the future. OMG.  God help us.

Nice overreaction there 

1 hour ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Then why would you assume it be corrected mid game exactly? 

Being frustrated is one thing. But suggesting it could easily be corrected on the sideline in between drives another. Sometimes it takes a week. In bad cases it takes an off-season. And with our coaching staff, the latter is honestly to be expected. 

It an assumption, facts 

It’s the 15th game of the season with the same players 

lets start with that 

the oline has been  the same oline with the exception of Bozeman who is supposed to be an upgrade 

the dline is the same dline since training camp 

none of this should be new at this point 

gap control is gap control     Gap fits are gap fits   If the A gap is being lost, correct the positioning 

if you have a CB getting the poo beat out of him, either take him out or give him help 

we are not talking nuclear fission or even fusion as a concept here when talking about gap control and techniques for getting off a block

This team, collectively, is simply not good enough in any phase or position except punter 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

It an assumption, facts 

It’s the 15th game of the season with the same players 

lets start with that 

the oline has been  the same oline with the exception of Bozeman who is supposed to be an upgrade 

the dline is the same dline since training camp 

none of this should be new at this point 

gap control is gap control     Gap fits are gap fits   If the A gap is being lost, correct the positioning 

if you have a CB getting the poo beat out of him, either take him out or give him help 

we are not talking nuclear fission or even fusion as a concept here when talking about gap control and techniques for getting off a block

This team, collectively, is simply not good enough in any phase or position except punter 

I know you are trying to prove a point here. But...you forgot Kicker. Maybe even the whole kicking unit. 

Also, that "Not one player" line is a bit out of line. We absolutely have some talented kids on this team. And I say kids because this is an awfully young team. Sounds like you expect more out of these kids than they can give you right now. 

Every HOF or All Pro started just where we are. Young. Give this team a quality QB and it can compete. Give that QB an OC with some imagination, and this team could eat.

It is not all rosy and silver wings by any stretch. But it is far from the bottomless abyss you are trying to make it out to be.

Edit to add; It is extremely difficult to give any CB help when you are blitzing. 

Edited by Gerry Green
  • Poo 1

27 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

I know you are trying to prove a point here. But...you forgot Kicker. Maybe even the whole kicking unit. 

Also, that "Not one player" line is a bit out of line. We absolutely have some talented kids on this team. And I say kids because this is an awfully young team. Sounds like you expect more out of these kids than they can give you right now. 

Every HOF or All Pro started just where we are. Young. Give this team a quality QB and it can compete. Give that QB an OC with some imagination, and this team could eat.

It is not all rosy and silver wings by any stretch. But it is far from the bottomless abyss you are trying to make it out to be.

Edit to add; It is extremely difficult to give any CB help when you are blitzing. 

I get you are a fan

as the old saying goes ‘can’t fix what isn’t acknowledged’  

this team is poorly put together and poorly coached and has been since 2019

it is time for a full, clean sweep, GM, all of it  this team had a huge  game Sunday, at home, the first in 3 years for a playoff run, and neither the players  or the coaches showed up  it’s the theme these days  

Had they won that game, or didn’t look like a bunch of disinterested, overpaid under prepared athletes, I’d feel differently 

Detroit doesn’t run a 3 4 defense and they are not as stout against the run, and Campbell isn’t Tomlin, who knows what will happen but it changes nothing from the long view 

I’m not crowning Pinero until he makes kicks under pressure. At this moment that situation isn’t good based on the one time he was. 

I wanted Wilks to succeed in the worst way.  I take no pleasure in anything I say. 

As Parcells used to say ‘you are what your record says you are’.  

no one is going to come rescue them. For fans like you, I hope they at least look like a pro team Sunday. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I get you are a fan

it is time for a full, clean sweep, GM, all of it  this team had a huge  game Sunday, at home, the first in 3 years for a playoff run, and neither the players  or the coaches showed up  it’s the theme these days  

Had they won that game, or didn’t look like a bunch of disinterested, overpaid under prepared athletes, I’d feel differently 

Detroit doesn’t run a 3 4 defense and they are not as stout against the run, and Campbell isn’t Tomlin, who knows what will happen but it changes nothing from the long view 

I’m not crowning Pinero until he makes kicks under pressure. At this moment that situation isn’t good based on the one time he was. 

I wanted Wilks to succeed in the worst way.  I take no pleasure in anything I say. 

no one is going to come rescue them. For fans like you, I hope they at least look like a pro team Sunday. 

Cool. You are entitled to your opinion. Most of which is pretty spot on. 

Then...you just had do dis Eddie. Why? Are so afraid of this team having success you can't even bring yourself to acknowledge the kid is having a great year? 

If you truly see a total lack of talent on this team. There is no way I can honestly continue this conversation. Happy Holidays and Keep Pounding.

25 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I get you are a fan

I for one actually hope they look like a pro team this Saturday not Sunday 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Holy cow that was hard to watch. 21 yds rushing!!  O line was mauled.  Moton looked like a rookie.  Did not think I would be saying that Darnold's arm was the only thing that kept us in the game...and he was under constant duress..handled it well. 108 passer rating.  And ...where was the D? SMH

The only positives I can think of from Sunday are that Dallas and Tampa got embarrassed (sorry Mr Scot).  Oh and that game ending play big time screw up by New England. 🤣

Before Sunday happened thought that this team had something to build on...poof.....gone.

It gets worse.  Tepper will be making decisions about the future. OMG.  God help us.

ladypanther,I think the whole Huddle Forum feels the same pain and let down as you after the Panthers were manhandled and blew their most important game of the year.

• Beer 2