• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is there still a case for Wilks?

Mr. Scot

Wilkes made a great audition tape over the past 11 games. You know what you are getting both good and bad. That is more than you get with most new hires. I think as a head coach Wilkes did well. I think whether you hire him depends on his vision to move us to the next level. But as a leader he did a good job which is to get the most out of what you are given.

• Pie 4

8 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

I just can't get behind the strategy of punting to the Goat with 4th and inches, its dinosaur thinking and it leads to predictable results time and time again. You have to put good teams away, a division championship is on the line, not the time to play the most conservative game in the NFL.

I dont mind the philosophy in general but the problem with coaches like Wilks is they will not drift from their philosophy regardless of the situation or who the opponent is. He coached that game with the assumption we would continue to get stops with a beat up secondary, no pass rush, and going against the GOAT and 2 all pro receivers. If you have the 2013 Seahawks defense I can understand punting but we dont have anything close to that

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

15 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The Bucs had a field day torching Taylor and Henderson on the long passes but it still was a one possession game in the end. I don't think he get the job but you're lying to yourself if you say that Wilks didn't turn this team around to a degree.

Steve Wilks most certainly provides the kind of strong, high character leadership that you want in your organization.

I don't think he'll get the head coaching job, but I'd still love to have him be part of the staff.

Don't really think that'll happen either, but it's possible..

• Pie 1

Don’t really see it. The guy is a conservative minded secondary guy whose secondary and defense just got torched. Yeah they were missing Horn but they were missing Horn in the first game too and knew what they had going into this game. The Bucs have been horrible and their vertical passing game non existent and yet Brady and friends had their best game of the year in a critical matchup, that’s not a good look. I never understand having these supposed defensive geniuses whose departments look completely out of whack in big moments like what do they bring to the table. He’s better than Rhule but so what, is that really the standard? Having better than a guy who didn’t even belong in the NFL and isn’t even a good college coach? Sure some players like him but some guys also liked Rhule. Maybe if they stepped up when it mattered I’d care more about that.

I just find it hard to believe he is the absolute best option to have and in the NFL you should always look for the best or else you end up like this franchise. One that settles for mediocrity.

Edited by matt rhules gut fat
  • Pie 2