• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft screwed…. Season screwed…. Coaching screwed…. Future screwed

TheBigKat

That’s the Carolina Panther way, forever mirrored in the 7-13 position draft board

Franchise QB hopes fade away

a loaded draft board opportunity for a good but not elite DE we could have traded away will now hamper our cap as his agent knows he has us behind the 8 ball

we’re not a hot prospect for a top flight coach

but I’m real glad for Hershel in Gastonia and WayneBobby in Shelby got to enjoy watching this team ‘fight’ for a playoff spot

this was our year to take then nose dive just like Jimmy C year was the year to take the nosedive except we totally botched it

here’s to another 3-5 years with you guys as a semi mediocre franchise

Edited by TheBigKat
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 38

I'm waiting for the coaching hires. I'm over terrible Panther football and I don't want to watch any more Rivera ball unless we are playing against it. We have a few weeks of wait and see ahead of us.

Hey, maybe Tepper will clear the front office of all the poo left in Rhule and Hurney's wake...It's a long shot but it's still on the table if Tepper gets smart and hires a consultant. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

When you’ve been a fan of a franchise that in nearly 30 years can’t even post back to back winning seasons, it gets taxing

I wouldn't know.

I just became a fan last season so I'm still learning about how to deal with the pain. 

I'm not sure any qb in the draft is a surefire prospect.  If Young was a little bigger I would feel better.   If Stroud made quicker decisions and didnt have the best skill positions in college football then I would feel better.  I'm actually more demoralized that Sam played pretty solid and it made it pretty clear that qb isnt even our biggest need really.  Before I at least had the illusion that it was plug in a good young qb and we were set.  That's not the case unfortunately.   I think they should still try to trade Burns if they can get two firsts.   Its doubtful but who knows.  Nothing matters now till the coaching hire though.  That's going to have much more of an impact on our next 5 years of a franchise than this draft, etc.

• Pie 7

16 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I'm not sure any qb in the draft is a surefire prospect.  If Young was a little bigger I would feel better.   If Stroud made quicker decisions and didnt have the best skill positions in college football then I would feel better.  I'm actually more demoralized that Sam played pretty solid and it made it pretty clear that qb isnt even our biggest need really.  Before I at least had the illusion that it was plug in a good young qb and we were set.  That's not the case unfortunately.   I think they should still try to trade Burns if they can get two firsts.   Its doubtful but who knows.  Nothing matters now till the coaching hire though.  That's going to have much more of an impact on our next 5 years of a franchise than this draft, etc.

Actually it still is a good idea to draft a QB anyway (throw darts at a board, so to speak).