• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Schedule Options After Last Night

Sgt Schultz

17 hours ago, Waldo said:

I would not consider these 2 really comparable. Most people don't morn murderers as much as random victims of life fugging them. 

The fact it isn't known, at least not publicly, what went down and how only adds to the situation and why they are not playing this week. Those teams are shook and the NFL's handling of it only made it worse. 

The Cheifs won that game and stopped an 8 game losing streak. It looks like that had the opposite affect that this had on the teams. 

as I recall we didn’t yet know he had killed someone 

Edited by Growl

10 minutes ago, Growl said:

as I recall we didn’t yet know he had killed someone 

It was reported before the game. The fans thought it might be cancled and then they dumped the news that morning I want to say around 11 as confirmation. I remember that week, it was crazy AF. Went from 'poor guy' to vilian in 24 hours.

Edited by Waldo

16 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Let them all play week 17 schedules and see where it all ends up

If needed then Buffalo / Cincy flip a coin Sunday night or Monday morning

You're never going to please everyone but if I'm the Chiefs I'd be rubbed the wrong way by losing the 1 seed on a coin flip if Buffalo won it, considering they were down 7-3, Bengals had the ball and it was in Cincy.

9 hours ago, JVic said:

Man, I come to this site to mostly spew bullshit and dumbness.  And this thread of real bullshit and dumbness of legit ways the NFL could handle this makes me sad to be a part of you.  A young man is literally laying in a hospital bed fighting for his life and yall are worried about tie breakers and fantasy football.  Yall some fuging idiots for sure. @Zod shoudlve deleted this from the jump.

If your Zac Taylor, there is no way you ask the Bills to replay this game.  You take the seeding you get and you go win the games you get drawn.  Anything else is cowardly, disrespectful and bullshit.  

No doubt it's horribly tragic and no one thinks this game is more important than his health. Would have been disastrous if they tried to immediately finish the game. It's fair to wonder what they're going to do now though. I don't think that's disrespectful. If they choose to cancel the game and let the seeds fall where they may, that's perfectly understandable and I doubt anyone is going to riot even though it could be the difference between a 3 seed and a 1st round bye/home field advantage throughout for one of these teams. The Bills would gladly give up a 1 seed if it meant Hamlin is ok. No one is honestly questioning what matters more. 

The question is what is appropriately respectful of the situation and the players and balance that with what is feasible. If we're being honest about the situation, the guy is still on a ventilator in the ICU with no clear idea if he's even going to make it and the Bills are practicing and planning to play this weekend. Is that really more respectful of the situation than the league possibly rescheduling the game in 2 weeks at which point he might be in clearly stable condition and recovering? I don't know what they're going to do but it's fair to wonder how we decided where the line gets drawn. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

10 hours ago, JVic said:

Man, I come to this site to mostly spew bullshit and dumbness.  And this thread of real bullshit and dumbness of legit ways the NFL could handle this makes me sad to be a part of you.  A young man is literally laying in a hospital bed fighting for his life and yall are worried about tie breakers and fantasy football.  Yall some fuging idiots for sure. @Zod shoudlve deleted this from the jump.

If your Zac Taylor, there is no way you ask the Bills to replay this game.  You take the seeding you get and you go win the games you get drawn.  Anything else is cowardly, disrespectful and bullshit.  

Might I suggest that instead of spewing nonsense, without knowing the reason this thread started, you do something positive like contributing to the GoFundMe Hamlin set up?

Short of that, I might also suggest that you actually figure out what is going on before you decide to hurl insults and BS.  It will save you from looking like a fool.

This thread has done exactly what it was designed to do.....move the discussion about what's next from a thread discussing our hopes and prayers for Hamlin, so that thread could remain dedicated to its purpose.

But don't let any of that stop you from embarrassing yourself.  Continue expressing ill-informed opinions and thinking you are actually accomplishing something instead doing something substantive.

Edited by Sgt Schultz
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

Kind of late to schedule now, but they should have moved Buffalo and Cincy game this coming weekend to Saturday @ 1pm - then plan for them to resume their game against each other on Tuesday Night....  resume at the 5 min mark of 1st quarter and play only till halftime - whoever is ahead at the half wins.  Then schedule their playoff games as the late games .

15 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Increasingly getting a sense that the game is not going to be finished...

Florio talks about a scenario being discussed by "people who can actually act on it" which I take to mean people in the league office.

Week 18 goes on as normal.

The following week is NFC Wild Card games plus Bills/Bengals.

The week after that you get the AFC Wild Card games. The NFC teams list alive would have a bye.

The week after that everyone plays their divisional round and we go to Conference championships, and then the Super Bowl with no week in between.

Again, not saying that's what will happen, but what Florio says is being discussed.

This could have a big impact for us if we wanted to interview a coach on an NFC team still in it  like the OC from the Eagles, or the DC from San Francisco, as the NFC bye week provides a window to interview that wouldn't have been there.

There are no perfect solutions. The NFL will have to choose the least bad choice they have.

Here's the video: 

https://youtu.be/RMtZH3Xgz84

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

Then you have to take a win from all playoff teams in the AFC and add a tie.

No you don't. This is one of thos rare times when just playing the game again cause way too many issues than it solves. What will the tie actually change in the standings???  Whether you declare a tie or just cancel it the result is the same if you use winning percentage  which is being seriously discussed. 

Edited by panthers55