• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jim Harbaugh has convo with David Tepper

Daeavorn

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

lol at "one mistake" 

His "one mistake" if he made one was signing the closing docs to purchase the Panthers.

Dude has been taking L after L since doing so....the Panthers are worth more...but not as much as if he'd invested it the way he did his entire career.

2 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Is this considered tampering though? 

Tampering would be going after a coach in the NFL without consent of their current team during the season IMHO.

This however helps Wilks lawsuit VS the NFL. Especially if the conversation happened before the game VS Tampa where Carolina had a chance to make it to the playoffs. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Waldo said:

He was Rhule's personal ball washer so it actually sounds like a promotion regardless of 'title'. He is actually doing a job he was never hired for since Rhule was fired. Just call the new GM the GM's GM lol. 

Yeah, I get that but all joking aside, I doubt he accepts that.

If he does.....yikes.

I'm 50/50 on this.  I like Wilks and the respect he commands just not sure he can win consistently with his style of coaching.

Harbaugh has proven he can win in the NFL and would be very exciting to have as a head coach.  

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I get that but all joking aside, I doubt he accepts that.

If he does.....yikes.

I'm not sure with his current contract and expectations that he could do more than resign to avoid it. He obviously signed up to not be in charge so not being given that shouldn't be at all surprising really. Unless it's in his contract there shouldn't be any guarantees that he suddenly steps up into the GM with power role post Rhule, that is just speculation and hope from posters around here and the media. 

For all we know he could already be on borrowed time, I certainly have no idea WTF is really going on inhouse at this time other than massive auditions that have gone on by everyone smart enough to know the game. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, NAS said:

I'm 50/50 on this.  I like Wilks and the respect he commands just not sure he can win consistently with his style of coaching.

Harbaugh has proven he can win in the NFL and would be very exciting to have as a head coach.  

What about Harbaugh as HC and Wilkes as A/HC, DC (if he does not get hired elsewhere)? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

I mean he went to the SB and NFC championship 2x... You don't do that by not being able to win.

Not to mention his QBs at the time, lol.

Yep and he did it in a very short span.  Harbaugh has been a great NFL coach.  In college he is showing he can't get to the big game, but that's an entirely different job (college HC vs NFL HC).  Saban was meh in the NFL and he is the GOAT in college.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2