• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Jim Harbaugh - Carolina focusing attention elsewhere

therealmjl

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I was told by the Huddle Tepper would not get outbid.  Looks like he tapped out before the real bidding even began, lol!

Walton's net worth is over $59 billion, Tepper->has an estimated net worth of $16.7 billion

Tepper would get outbid 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And I'm fine with that...

I am too, but "he's a billionaire" straw man was brought up time and time again.  Denver has TWO billionaire families in their ownership group.  Dave wanted no part of that bidding war.

Edited by 45catfan

I didn't hate the idea of Harbaugh here, but I didn't love it either.  I think the dude has a few screws loose, but he knows how to coach a football team. Ultimately he would have been a short-term solution, IMO.  I couldn't see him here more than a few year regardless of performance.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, NcPsa10 said:

Walton's net worth is over $59 billion, Tepper->has an estimated net worth of $16.7 billion

Tepper would get outbid 

This is just silly. Their net worth isn't going to affect one out bidding the other as no matter how stupid the contract, 20 million a year or hell 50 million a year, doesn't really amount to poo irt either owners net worth. The only bidding war that exists is in reality just about how dumb the owners want to be, not whether it will hurt their pockets.

That said, thank god we're not getting Harbaugh. I know lots of people have raging boners for that tool but I'm not one of them.

Edited by Floppin
  • Pie 5
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

57 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

The Vikings passed on him last year and seem to be doing well. I do wonder what he's asking for in the interviews that's scaring away teams. 

The Vikings aren't what they appear (or perhaps they are). I almost guarantee that if Harbaugh was coaching them, they would be serious contenders as opposed to pretenders. Watch how it all plays out with them.

• Pie 2