• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

For real. @rippadonn, name one receiver on that roster not named Kenny Golladay (who only had like 6 catches all year and was their highest paid player).

The guy that got hurt in the beginning, the vet...forgot his name.

A good/great QB can cover up for the fact that your best receiver is Philly Brown.

I have no idea who the Panthers will hire as the new HC but hope it will be an offensive minded one. Here is an interesting article pertaining to the success of offensive vs defensive HC hiring's.

It’s no secret the league has trended to offensive head coaches over the last few years as teams search for the next Sean McVay (Rams) or Kyle Shanahan (49ers). Since 2019, there have been 30 head coaching openings in the NFL. 20 of those openings were filled by offensive coaches, nine by defensive coaches, and one by a special teams coach.

When looking at the combined record of these coaches, offensive coaches have had much more success. The 20 head coaches have a combined record of 341-339-4 (.502) in the regular season, with two Super Bowl appearances (Bruce Arians and Zac Taylor) and one Super Bowl victory (Arians). However, only eight of those 20 coaches have a winning record.

Records of NFL head coaches hired from 2019-2022 who came with an offensive background.

When it comes to the defensive coaches hired in that span, they have fared far worse. The nine head coaches have a combined record of 116-166-2 (.412) in the regular season with no playoff wins. Only one of those head coaches has a winning record, current Los Angeles Chargers head coach Brandon Staley.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, panther4life said:

I watched several Giants games this year as my wife is a fan. Daniel Jones play this year is light years ahead of the potential anyone on our roster has. He’s played his ass off and often running for his life but the kid makes plays!

I've been watching Daniel too.

The longstanding rumor was that he'd join the Steelers staff as their new OC, but the team decided against firing Matt Canada.

I could see him as a QB coach under Wilks, though I could also see Ben McAdoo being retained in that capacity.

Wouldn't really want either as an OC.

11 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

Sean Payton is currently the hot name in coaching circles, however while many think he will coach again I am not sure he will.  I have to think there is a better than 50% chance he stays with Fox. He may be angling for more money from them at contract time. 

SP suuucked as commentator. I Bet Fox is hoping he goes back to coaching.

2 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Any possibility of Roman being a HC prospect? Any chance Tepper brings him in?

Doubt it.

Sounds like the "mutual" departure of Greg Roman was about keeping Lamar Jackson.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1