• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you were an Anti-Tanker... please identify yourself, are you proud?

TheBigKat

There is just so much toxicity in the fan base right now.  It's really disappointing.  Then again, I need look no further than the rest of social media and my community to see that everyone is just getting more and more toxic.

I get that your fantasy football/Madden brains are the smarterest people in the room.  But chill out.  You can't control it.  Sure gripe, but going after each other is not being a fan, it's being a dick.  I'm all for discussion and disagreement, but the toxicity here is really stupid.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, d-dave said:

There is just so much toxicity in the fan base right now.  It's really disappointing.  Then again, I need look no further than the rest of social media and my community to see that everyone is just getting more and more toxic.

I get that your fantasy football/Madden brains are the smarterest people in the room.  But chill out.  You can't control it.  Sure gripe, but going after each other is not being a fan, it's being a dick.  I'm all for discussion and disagreement, but the toxicity here is really stupid.

22 wins in 4 seasons

no playoffs in 5

But by all means please tell us how we should be behaving

Edited by mrcompletely11

Anti-tanker here

Players have limited careers and deserve better than a franchise putting them needlessly at risk without a chance to perform to their full potential.

Avg NFL career is ~3.3yrs. I'm just not willing to sacrifice ~1\3 of that so that Internet rageaholics can feel better about getting their scratch off ticket two or three spots earlier.

Am I proud of that? I'm proud of staying true to myself and what I believe in. Am I going to go around patting myself on the back about it? No, I don't have time for that since I'm still Barry Horowitiz'ing over Tyler Linderbaum 😛

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1

I am, I don’t derive pride from stupid things, but I don’t regret that. 

you only get 17 of these games a year. You should enjoy every one. The draft is a complete crap shoot. 

on top of that, this team was never getting a guaranteed shot at the top player; it was always going to involve trading pieces. When extra first rounders are involved the difference between a 2023 4th or 9th overall pick is marginal. 

some of you people either want a Super Bowl win or a first round pick. You people need to touch grass. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

This is why I left social media. I've also been a fan of this team from the beginning. I've learned to cope with the terribleness and roll with the punches with this franchise. They will make you crazy otherwise. Good post, though. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1