• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beating the Saints cost us 1 draft slot after all

Peon Awesome

6 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Meh. Getting a win and having 7 wins feels way better than draft position. Either way it would have been a top 10 pick. It's just feels good to finally have more than 5 fuging wins. Credit to Wilks and the team for pushing through this season, not ending how they would have liked, Playoffs would have been awesome, but at least they NEVER quit. 

Until you miss out on the Justin Herbert’s of the world by 1 pick 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Losing to a team with 23 team passing yards is embarrassing, so we absolutely embarrassed them

Both teams looked like trash.  We scored 10 points.  We won on a last-second field goal.  

We beat the Saints, but saying we "embarrassed" them would have someone thinking we won by 20 points or something.  And it isn't like the Saints had anything to play for.  I doubt they cared about the game any more than we did.

• Pie 4

10 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

For those pissed that we lost and think it messed up our draft, we would've picked 8th if we lost. 

The Lions win has us tied with Las Vegas in strength of schedule, but we played New Orleans twice and by beating them, we worsened our strength of schedule since they ended up 7-10 instead of 8-9. If we lost, our strength of schedule would be better than the Raiders' and we'd pick after them. 

I'm not going to pretend I was jumping up and down today. But in hindsight, one lost draft slot to embarrass the Saints at their home and finish the season sweep, especially when they don't have the 1st round pick to benefit, at least feels like a justifiable trade off.

Embarrassed the Saints?

More like embarrassing that they only scored 1 TD today courtesy of Michael Jordan - and it wasn't the goat NBA one...

11 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Meh. Getting a win and having 7 wins feels way better than draft position. Either way it would have been a top 10 pick. It's just feels good to finally have more than 5 fuging wins. Credit to Wilks and the team for pushing through this season, not ending how they would have liked, Playoffs would have been awesome, but at least they NEVER quit. 

Does it though?

We got 4 wins against this god awful division, beat a shitshow Broncos team, beat a Seahawks team that has been awful the past 2 months, and somehow had the game of our lives running the ball against the Lions.

We had maybe 2.5 good wins this year

• Flames 2

5 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Embarrassed the Saints?

More like embarrassing that they only scored 1 TD today courtesy of Michael Jordan - and it wasn't the goat NBA one...

Exactly, and they still lost. That's embarrassing. 

For the record, I was thinking about it more from the Saints fans perspective. Going against a Panthers team playing for nothing on the road, with a QB that had less than 50 yards and then losing on a game winning field goal had to feel like a gut punch. I would be embarrassed watching the Saints finish their season like that if I was their fan.

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Exactly, and they still lost. That's embarrassing. 

For the record, I was thinking about it more from the Saints fans perspective. Going against a Panthers team playing for nothing on the road, with a QB that had less than 50 yards and then losing on a game winning field goal had to feel like a gut punch. I would be embarrassed watching the Saints finish their season like that if I was their fan.

I highly doubt Saints fans cared about winning. They hate their coach almost as much as we hated Fatt Fhule and losing the way they did probably makes it easier for the Saints to fire Dennis Allen, which is a bad thing because he is a moron and we should want the Saints to keep him.

Even though they don't have a first, they were probably still hoping to lose to have a better 2nd-7th round draft pick.

• Pie 1