• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beating the Saints cost us 1 draft slot after all

Peon Awesome

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sometimes just one draft slot REALLY matters though.

77032000f63249234954629e3a4e9519.gif

How long will people drag this out? In 2041, but Justin Herbert!!!  Pete sakes guys, let it go.  Been around 27 years, but that was the one draft picks that has forever haunted us.  Do you think the teams that PASSED on Herbert are still hand wringing to this day?  Also do you think Rhule could have developed him?  Secondly do you think Herbert would hve been good enough to keep Rhule around. 

A lot of 'what ifs', but the Huddle thinks we'd have a couple of Super Bowls had we lost just one more game.  Heck, Herbert hasn't even won a SB with the Chargers yet and they are light years better than we are.

Now that you mention it, I'm sure the Saints and their fans must be high fiving each other that they lost their home finale to the previous bottom feeding divisional team as they stare at another offseason in cap hell with no 1st round pick. Man I wish we could swap places with such an awesome and upward trending team. But us stupid Panthers organization doesn't know any better. 

The loser mentality is so strong amongst some of you.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

How long will people drag this out? In 2041, but Justin Herbert!!!  Pete sakes guys, let it go.  Been around 27 years, but that was the one draft picks that has forever haunted us.  Do you think the teams that PASSED on Herbert are still hand wringing to this day?  Also do you think Rhule could have developed him?  Secondly do you think Herbert would hve been good enough to keep Rhule around. 

A lot of 'what ifs', but the Huddle thinks we'd have a couple of Super Bowls had we lost just one more game.  Heck, Herbert hasn't even won a SB with the Chargers yet and they are light years better than we are.

Until we find a franchise QB of our own we'll continue to have Herbert and Fields talked about. It is what it is.

11 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Until you miss out on the Justin Herbert’s of the world by 1 pick 

It is possible to trade up

ask Andy Reid 

his qB picked at number 10 turned out ok

From Wikipedia 

Eventually, the Chiefs made a deal with the Buffalo Bills for the No. 10 overall selection, trading the Nos. 27 and 91 picks, as well as their 2018 first-round pick, for the right to draft Mahomes

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Why would they not be, it was a meaningless game and it gave the winning team a harder schedule for next season.

Now we get the 2nd place schedule next season. 

After reading what all the Saints fans on the Huddle had to say, I checked what the Saints fans on their board thought. A vast, vast majority of them were far more angry about losing a division game. 

3 minutes ago, klumme said:

Its not only about the draft. With the win will next year play 

Miami, Dallas and Seahawks - Three PO teams (30-21)

Had we lost we would have played 

Arizona, Washington and Jets (19-31) 

Good, I don't want to play crap teams.  I always love beating Dallas anyway!  We beat the Seahawks this year and Miami will be a way more interesting game than the Jets.

• Beer 2

Ask Jets fans about "moral" victories. Won last game of season, dropped to #2 pick, and then missed out on Trevor Lawrence and ended up with Zack Wilson lol I wonder if they're still happy they won that meaningless game and still in QB purgatory for many years to come?

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1