• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you want to get the #1 pick from the Bears, what's your move?

EgoDogg

I've been giving this some thought, and it's hard to see the Panthers going any other route this year than marrying a new HC with a new QB. If you have a guy that you love like Bryce Young, you have the capital to do it, so you make it happen. I have no idea what trade value would look like, but the Panthers have assets that would be a great fit for Chicago like Brian Burns and/or DJ Moore. I'm in the camp that likes Burns and would hate to lose him, but you have to believe he would be in play and is probably valued at around 2 first rounders+, himself.

I think Burns + our first rounder this year (#9) and the 49ers 2nd rounder would be in-play. I could be way off when it comes to value, but I think the Panthers can get that pick without sacrificing the future.

If you were the Panthers and coveted the #1 overall pick, what would be your move to get it from the Bears?

According to this: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp trade value chart. the Bears pick is worth 3000 while pick 9 is worth 1350, number 40 is worth 500 and number 60 is 300. That only gets us to 2150. Would likely take next years first as well. 

That's if there is no bidding war. If Chicago was smart they would leverage us against Indy and only trade down to 4 and be all but guaranteed either Anderson or Carter

I bet Bears fans are absolutely salivating at the possibilities right now but I wouldn't jump the gun if I were them. It's very rare for a team to trade up to #1 overall. Jacksonville tried like crazy to trade out of the 1 spot last year and no one would bite. I think teams in general are getting smarter about not hemorrhaging future picks. 

2 minutes ago, SOJA said:

According to this: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp trade value chart. the Bears pick is worth 3000 while pick 9 is worth 1350, number 40 is worth 500 and number 60 is 300. That only gets us to 2150. Would likely take next years first as well. 

That's if there is no bidding war. If Chicago was smart they would leverage us against Indy and only trade down to 4 and be all but guaranteed either Anderson or Carter

I bet Bears fans are absolutely salivating at the possibilities right now but I wouldn't jump the gun if I were them. It's very rare for a team to trade up to #1 overall. Jacksonville tried like crazy to trade out of the 1 spot last year and no one would bite. I think teams in general are getting smarter about not hemorrhaging future picks. 

With all so respect that was one of the worst drafts in recent memory to hold the top pick. Top end talent wasn’t there (I thought sauce should go first ovr personally). A draft class featuring Atleast 2 top 5 qbs and a plethora of teams in the league needing a qb = a massive bidding war. 

• Pie 2

Oh, and we likely lose said bidding war bc we won this week. But I’m sure that momentum we gained will be worth it! I can’t remember ever giving a damn about a meaningless week17/18 win but I can for sure remember lasting draft effects. Bring on the poo emojis tho I know this fanbase hates draft picks 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Oh, and we likely lose said bidding war bc we won this week. But I’m sure that momentum we gained will be worth it! I can’t remember ever giving a damn about a meaningless week17/18 win but I can for sure remember lasting draft effects. Bring on the poo emojis tho I know this fanbase hates draft picks 

If we lost, we'd be drafting 8th. Don't think that's going to cause us to lose a bidding war.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

If they’d take Burns and Moore and leave all the draft capital I’d pull the trigger today 

Same.

Draft Young 1a

+  WR Johnson/Addison with 1b

+ TE Kincaid/Washington with 2a

+ WR Flowers/Rice with 2b

and let's build a proper offense.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Yesterdays win made the Panthers drop 1 spot in each of the two first rounds. And 5 in the fourth.. and 3 in the fifth....

From to.

8-> 9

39 -> 40

109 -> 114

143 ->146

Or am I wrong, gladly correct me.

We had a top 5 pick a month and some change ago. Now, we’re 9th and no playoffs lol. 

Might be too steep a climb to get from 9 to 1. If one of Stroud or Young make it to 3 or 4, you find a way to get up there. Honing in on that 3 from Arizona. We could probably get there. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I wouldn’t want number 1 in this draft. 3 or 4  maybe…. But 1 is overkill. 

Same. None of these QBs are worth mortgaging our future for. Arizona at 4 would be an interesting trade partner if the price wasn’t crazy. They don’t need a QB and it would depend if one we liked was still there or not.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1