• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you want to get the #1 pick from the Bears, what's your move?

EgoDogg

I think pick 5 (Seahawks) is the likeliest trade for us if the QB we want is there. Stroud might be there if Young and Lewis are top two QBs taken. Anderson and Carter feels like top four locks as well.

I also think Colts will trade with Chicago for the first overall pick. But just guessing at this point.

2 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Whoever we pick, I don't think I would give up much of anything at all to get Bryce Young. His very small size could be a huge concern. How much does he actually weigh? Was he injured a lot in college? I keep seeing him being shorter yet also very light and my impression of him is being like delicate glass now.

He was pretty durable in the SEC for three years. Injured his shoulder against Arkansas trying to throw as he hit the ground awkwardly. Hardly missed any game time as Alabama's QB.

I believe he's the best QB prospect in this class and will be the diet version of Mahomes in the NFL.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

He was pretty durable in the SEC for three years. Injured his shoulder against Arkansas trying to throw as he hit the ground awkwardly. Hardly missed any game time as Alabama's QB.

I believe he's the best QB prospect in this class and will be the diet version of Mahomes in the NFL.

What does he actually weigh? Was it below 200? Do you think he will hold up in the NFL? Mahomes isn't a completely tiny guy I don't think is he?

• Pie 1

Get through the combine and the pro days first and see what happens. 

Of course they don't love a QB and aren't wowed by anyone.... yet. They haven't met with them. 

Fields is a special special runner but he still leaves a lot to be desired as a QB with his ability to throw the ball. If Chicago takes a qb at 1 they essentially signal they do not believe in Fields and his price tag is going to plummet into the neighborhood of what Darnold went for when the Jets took Zac Wilson. 

They absolutely can not go into camp with both of those QBs and have a divided locker room. IF, and of course it's a big if, Chicago does pull the trigger on a QB I'm making the call to see if we could get Fields. 

I think Fields paired with a dynamic offensive coach (ideally someone like Steichen who literally molded an offense around a very similar skillet in Philly with Hurts) becomes a very ideal scenario for Carolina. 

Not saying Steichen is my choice at coach or that Fields will even be available but I am saying it is way wayyyyyy to soon to expect there to he any reason the Bears would say anything different regarding Fields. 

• Pie 2

32 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Get through the combine and the pro days first and see what happens. 

Of course they don't love a QB and aren't wowed by anyone.... yet. They haven't met with them. 

Fields is a special special runner but he still leaves a lot to be desired as a QB with his ability to throw the ball. If Chicago takes a qb at 1 they essentially signal they do not believe in Fields and his price tag is going to plummet into the neighborhood of what Darnold went for when the Jets took Zac Wilson. 

They absolutely can not go into camp with both of those QBs and have a divided locker room. IF, and of course it's a big if, Chicago does pull the trigger on a QB I'm making the call to see if we could get Fields. 

I think Fields paired with a dynamic offensive coach (ideally someone like Steichen who literally molded an offense around a very similar skillet in Philly with Hurts) becomes a very ideal scenario for Carolina. 

Not saying Steichen is my choice at coach or that Fields will even be available but I am saying it is way wayyyyyy to soon to expect there to he any reason the Bears would say anything different regarding Fields. 

They are not taking a QB period...its really nothing to monitor about it.

Realistically speaking I think if the Panthers do decide to trade up, it will only be if one of Young, Stroud, or Levis falls to the 5-6 range. Depending on how the HC hire pans out, I could see the Panthers sending #9, the 49ers 2nd, and probably another future pick (2024 2nd?) if the Seahawks or Lions are content with Geno or Goff and a QB the FO likes is available. I don't think they're going to be willing to trade what it takes to get into the top 3 from #9.