• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So which QB do we think will be available at #9?

NAS

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Houston, Indy, Seattle, Detroit, Vegas and possibly Atlanta all need QB’s

Those are just the teams in front of us

I think QB’s go 1-3 with Arizona trading out. 

I know it’s January but as it stands right now I have a tough time envisioning a scenario where we are able to stay at 9 and land one of the 4 guys. Outside of Carter and Anderson the hype surrounding other non QB prospects is pretty low which isn’t helping us. 

Brady, Rodgers and Lamar could all be on new teams come draft time which will potentially take a team or two in front of us out of the QB market 

That's what I'm afraid of, we don't have the draft capital to trade up and if we do, it better be for a can't miss prospect.  

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Sam Darnold. We’re not going to get a QB without trading up. I said not drafting Justin Fields set this team back a decade and I stand by it until they correct their mistakes. 

Dude Fields just led his team to the 1st overall pick and you think he'd save this franchise? lol

• Pie 2
  • The D 1
  • Flames 4

19 minutes ago, NAS said:

I think someone will trade with Bears and grab a quarterback and don't think it will be Panthers.   Colts, maybe?

It's safe to say Young and Stroud will be gone early, I am hoping someone drops to us like Will Levis or Anthony Richardson.

Am I being delusional?  Is trading up our only option to land one of the top 4 QBs in the class?

I would like to see one of those two drop to us as well and if so we should absolutely take a chance and go for one of them. I believe one will drop to us.

11 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Houston, Indy, Seattle, Detroit, Vegas and possibly Atlanta all need QB’s

Those are just the teams in front of us

I think QB’s go 1-3 with Arizona trading out. 

I know it’s January but as it stands right now I have a tough time envisioning a scenario where we are able to stay at 9 and land one of the 4 guys. Outside of Carter and Anderson the hype surrounding other non QB prospects is pretty low which isn’t helping us. 

Brady, Rodgers and Lamar could all be on new teams come draft time which will potentially take a team or two in front of us out of the QB market 

seattle and detroit most certainly do not need qbs

Indy houston and maybe vegas depending on brady probably do

18 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Hendon hooker. Some guy from east western north state university. Certainly no one good 

If one of the top 5 guys drops to us which I think will, I would still consider taking Hooker as well in later rounds if he is there because of his injury. He will sit a year and rehab and who knows we could end up in a couple years having multiple good QB's to choose from.

8 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Until I hear otherwise from their organization, I believe the Bears may select a QB at #1.

You really think so?  That would be absolutely wild if they did.  Theyd have to ship Fields out if that was the case....but, damn. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

He is an elite runner.  Special.  And as a 2nd year player, in his 2nd offense already with bad weapons.....Fields had more passing TDs than the Carolina Panthers.  

Passing on Fields was an obvious mistake.  Always has been.  Nothing wrong with referencing it.  It was the right call and we blew it.  And it was the right call frankly regardless of what happens with Fields.  

if you need a QB....you don't draft a DB in the top 10.  Reason #4 at least of why we should get rid of our GM too.   

I agree with part of what you say. Not sure if i believe Fields will be anything special other than his legs but  also agree on our GM. I don't think he is anything amazing and would not be upset should we try to find better. Im up for almost anything at this point and just want to see this team turn it around to be a playoff competitor every single year to where anything short of playoffs and a good solid winning record is considered a disappointment.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

He is an elite runner.  Special.  And as a 2nd year player, in his 2nd offense already with bad weapons.....Fields had more passing TDs than the Carolina Panthers.  

Passing on Fields was an obvious mistake.  Always has been.  Nothing wrong with referencing it.  It was the right call and we blew it.  And it was the right call frankly regardless of what happens with Fields.  

if you need a QB....you don't draft a DB in the top 10.  Reason #4 at least of why we should get rid of our GM too.   Can't stay healthy is Jaycee Horn.  16 games in 2 years.  He has yet to log a season worth of games as he goes into year 3. 

They also want to claim he “lead” them to the #1 overall pick as if they didn’t trade their entire defense away in order to flush the roster. Even when the Bears were putting up 30 points a game they still lost because the defense was giving up 35 a game. 

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

They also want to claim he “lead” them to the #1 overall pick as if they didn’t trade their entire defense away in order to flush the roster. Even when the Bears were putting up 30 points a game they still lost because the defense was giving up 35 a game. 

The bears "tanked" right.  They knew they couldnt afford smith so they traded him, they sat guys when they needed to and now they have a franchise qb, cap space and a ton of premium draft picks are coming their way.   Anyone who watched the bears this year would see fields, in his 2nd year 2nd offense, is not the problem

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 8

My thinking today is that Young, Stroud, and Levis will all be gone within in the top 7 picks. The Texans and Colts will definitely take QBs and I think the Raiders could as well (although McD may prefer reuniting with Brady or Jimmy G as he may want a vet QB given he could be on the hot seat). Even if it's just Houston and Indy, I think there will be teams that trade up to get their guy - Carolina may be one of them.   

1. Chicago - I think prime candidate to trade back with Indy - Indy jumping Houston to get their preferred QB

2. Houston - Could see them taking any of Young/Stroud/Levis (NFL folks seem to really like Levis)

3. Arizona - potential trade back candidate

4. Indy - see Chicago

5. Seattle - think they'll hope that one of Carter or Anderson is still there

6. Detroit - think they'll stick with Goff, could see them being a prime trade back candidate if one of Young/Stroud/Levis sis till on the board

7. Oakland - see above

8. Atlanta - could go QB, could go BPA

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 4