• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nicole Tepper to help with HC hire

The Lobo

I am not a beneficiary of David Tepper.  Nicole is.    Let me assure you,  there are a whole lot more females/ wives,  that have say so in sports decisions that the public knows. 

Most owners have never played the game. Their opinions are the same as ours.  They just have more  REAL "football people "  to talk to. As we know, some of those opinions are good..  some aren't . Nicole won't be the last line of defense on who our first pick is, or our last pick.  But she will have input. 

2 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

I am not a beneficiary of David Tepper.  Nicole is.    Let me assure you,  there are a whole lot more females/ wives,  that have say so in sports decisions that the public knows. 

Most owners have never played the game. Their opinions are the same as ours.  They just have more  REAL "football people "  to talk to. As we know, some of those opinions are good..  some aren't . Nicole won't be the last line of defense on who our first pick is, or our last pick.  But she will have input. 

I hope she's there to stop Dave from getting swayed by another Matt Rhule type con job. To lean in his earn and say "baby, this guy is full of sh*t."  And this time she brings the meatballs. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

23 hours ago, Martin said:

And (gasp), one of them is a woman

Her gender has nothing to do with it.  Its her lack of qualifications.  Exactly what does she bring to the table.  I said in another thread, Tepper ( and now the mrs,) need to hire a couple of pro football head hunters to find our next head coach and get the hell out of their way.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Paa Langfart said:

Her gender has nothing to do with it.  Its her lack of qualifications.  Exactly what does she bring to the table.  I said in another thread, Tepper ( and now the mrs,) need to hire a couple of pro football head hunters to find our next head coach and get the hell out of their way.

Yep...this^.  I just want to know that there will be some experienced football people involved.  Fitt is there but would like to know that there is more imputed.  From knowing what questions to ask and evaluating the answers.  End of the day, it is Tepper's decision but if he is smart and can get his ego out of the way...he should know what he does not know. 

He mentioned after he fired Rhule that he would reach out and  get some help.  Just have not heard anything recently.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

Yep...this^.  I just want to know that there will be some experienced football people involved.  Fitt is there but would like to know that there is more imputed.  From knowing what questions to ask and evaluating the answers.  End of the day, it is Tepper's decision but if he is smart and can get his ego out of the way...he should know what he does not know. 

He mentioned after he fired Rhule that he would reach out and  get some help.  Just have not heard anything recently.

In the comments it was fairly obvious that her being a woman made it worse, but that is not true for everyone, so that is fair.

But again, the owners being part of the process is standard and shouldn’t be a surprise. Nowhere does it say that no football people (GM etc.) are part of the process.

10 minutes ago, Martin said:

In the comments it was fairly obvious that her being a woman made it worse, but that is not true for everyone, so that is fair.

But again, the owners being part of the process is standard and shouldn’t be a surprise. Nowhere does it say that no football people (GM etc.) are part of the process.

You also have to consider that the last time she let Dave go it alone he spent 60 million on a snake oil sales pitch. I don't know about you but if I spent a large chunk of change like that on something that was an unmitigated failure my wife would have killed me. She damn sure wasn't going to let me go out again and piss money away without having a say the next time.

• Pie 2

Not sure how much Tepper will listen to anyone including his wife but maybe she might sway him a little.  Saw this little documentary about Tepper the businessman and watched it.  Interesting info about him and to me it seems to show why he has done some of the things, as it seems to be his MO. Buying distressed assets that everyone wants to get rid of seems an awful lot like getting a QB that everyone wants to unload.  He is a contrarian, so he goes the opposite of what everyone else thinks.  Take a watch for yourself and see what you think.  You might get a glimpse into the mind of Tepper 

14 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

Ya bro it’s a fluff comment and your post was what, exactly? 

and yeah, you clearly do need help

I’m not sure where the negativity is coming from. To be clear I was referring to the reporting. 

We don’t know how much or how little his wife will help. So hopefully it’s just kind of fluff. Hopefully Tepper isn’t doing a whole lot more than signing the checks too. 

4 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

Her gender has nothing to do with it.  It’s her lack of qualifications.  Exactly what does she bring to the table.  I said in another thread, Tepper ( and now the mrs,) need to hire a couple of pro football head hunters to find our next head coach and get the hell out of their way.

You ever interview with HR? You think they know one single thing about an IT job they interview for? No. They are just an added layer to help flush our personality traits of how might be a good fit with that interviewees boss, who happens to be her husband. Who gives AF if she does an interview…she isn't asking Xs and Os questions. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1