• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The National Championship Game

jayboogieman

1 minute ago, ECHornet said:

Agree about Bennett’s age. 

I still think he’s a better QB than AR right now. 

He is far from the better prospect though. Give Bennett Florida’s weapons and he would be an afterthought in the NCAA. He wouldn’t get drafted. Backup game manager is his ceiling. AR might have the highest ceiling in the draft.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He is far from the better prospect though. Give Bennett Florida’s weapons and he would be an afterthought in the NCAA. He wouldn’t get drafted. Backup game manager is his ceiling. AR might have the highest ceiling in the draft.

Last night, Bennett was throwing with anticipation into windows that I see some NFL starters struggle to hit. I won’t disagree AR may have the better potential, but he’s pretty far from being the passer Bennett is.

41 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, Bennett is 25 years old.  Which is older than I think 4 of the NFL playoff QBs this year.   Something about his age playing amongst college kids taints it me a little bit and takes some of the shine off it….at least for me.  

college football just in a weird space all around IMO so who cares.  Might as well deem it pro ball/ minor leagues. 

The combo of NIL, wild rampant transferring, and extra COVID years has just created a damn mess. I think the system will adapt in coming years but right now it does basically feel like minor league pro sports with no cap and no contracts. Basically just a poo show.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, YourLastThought said:

What an awful game. Absolutely no fun to watch at all if you wanted to see anything competitive. I have no idea how TCU beat Michigan as I feel like maybe Michigan would have put up a much better game even though I personally can't stand Michigan 

They should have seeded tcu 4 and osu 3. I knew this would be a 30 plus point blow out.  Only way to avoid that would have been me betting on uga to cover 12.5

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Yeah, Bennett is 25 years old.  Which is older than I think 4 of the NFL playoff QBs this year.   Something about his age playing amongst college kids taints it me a little bit and takes some of the shine off it….at least for me.  

college football just in a weird space all around IMO so who cares.  Might as well deem it pro ball/ minor leagues. 

I had forgotten about his age. That's another huge red flag for him.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I agree with college football being awful this year.  I don't agree with your analysis on Bennett's age.  It's not the movie Billy Madison where a full grown man goes around blocking the shots of third graders.  If you're saying he plays smarter because of his age then that's a good thing.  I wouldn't want the guy as a 1st round pick because of that age factor, but between rounds 3-5 it would be a great pick, and that's not an indictment on his ability to start at the next level.  Would you take him or Zach WIlson?

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think Bennett is an NFL starter but I wouldn't bet against him carving out a career as a backup.

I agree.  We've seen many back up QB's that we'd have never thought they could be on a NFL team .  When Taylor Heincke was at Old Dominion,  no one was saying he could be an NFL QB. There are examples all over the NFL of QB's  making teams and actually contributing . Kurt Warner.. many.