• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Under No Circumstances Should We Trade a Haul for a QB/Pick

tukafan21

26 minutes ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

Fields can't keep relying on his legs his entire career. He has yet to develop as a passer 

He was much better in year 2 than year 1 and I think he’s going  to jump again for year 3. He ran out of necessity. The Bears talked about it this morning to the press. They love everything he’s doing and they know he’ll work to be better. 

They said “being honest we would have to be completely blown away” by a QB to take them at 1. Read between the lines, they are sold on him. It’s the rest of the team they need to improve around him. 

Even Bears players have talked about how they are excited going into next year because a lot of the league is looking for QB1 and they already have theirs. 

And no, none of the QBs in this class blow you away. There’s no Manning / Luck / Lawrence in this class. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

The problem with this line of thinking is we’re going to be in the exact same spot next year. We’re going to go something like 6-11 or 8-9 and not be in a position to draft a potential franchise QB. You do whatever you have to do if you think a franchise QB is there. Period. 

THIS!

1 hour ago, Varking said:

He was much better in year 2 than year 1 and I think he’s going  to jump again for year 3. He ran out of necessity. The Bears talked about it this morning to the press. They love everything he’s doing and they know he’ll work to be better. 

They said “being honest we would have to be completely blown away” by a QB to take them at 1. Read between the lines, they are sold on him. It’s the rest of the team they need to improve around him. 

Even Bears players have talked about how they are excited going into next year because a lot of the league is looking for QB1 and they already have theirs. 

And no, none of the QBs in this class blow you away. There’s no Manning / Luck / Lawrence in this class. 

If one of those QBs was in this class Bears are staying put and taking that guy. Lol

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

If one of those QBs was in this class Bears are staying put and taking that guy. Lol

Yes probably but the reality is this class on it's face does not look like a huge huge upgrade over Fields... And I think they'd get much less return from trading Fields than from trading the first.

32 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

So who else is better than Fields, beside Stroud? 5'3" Bryce Young? Will "Tim Couch" Levis? 

Unless they significantly upgrade their OL, Fields is their best option. Young will get injured behind that OL, Levis will throw picks, and Stroud needs a pocket to get into rhythm. 

26 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Yes probably but the reality is this class on it's face does not look like a huge huge upgrade over Fields... And I think they'd get much less return from trading Fields than from trading the first.

Well that's just an opinion, outside of lawrence...2021 QB hyped class has underwhelmed and even lawrence isnt impressing me like that. Certain guys just get a longer leash than others. Far as trading Fields, once again bears not gonna give up on him that fast and they will get more picks for keeping him and use them to build up a poo show team around him. 

The Colts already have stated they will do whatever it takes to move up and secure their guy.  I suspect the Panthers will be aggressive also as they should.  The haul the Bears are gonna receive is going to be too rich for them to pass on.   Whoever misses on 1 will probably move on to Arizona's pick at 4 for the 3rd QB as the Texans will take whoever's left at 2 (Levis or Stroud).  I think by the time the combine concludes Levis and Young will be the conversation at 1.  The Panthers should be able to secure one of the top 3 guys with the amount of ammo we acquired from the CMC trade.      

The best QB prospects will fly off the board within the first 3 or 4 picks imo. I certainly don't want to try and jump into a bidding war with QB desperate teams trying to trade up. No thanks. We can a QB at 9th, or allow Corral to take the reigns. That's fine. If Corral poops the bed and shows no potential, then you need to look at dumping Fitt. We can't have a GM blowing QB picks and bringing in bad FA QBs over and over again. Unacceptable. Take a QB at 9, or pass and give the reigns to Corral.