• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper clearly wants to change the Panthers identity

Saca312

1 minute ago, Varking said:

The Bengals loss and even the win vs the Saints to end the year. Can anyone claim that was good coaching? We looked worse in those two games than the 4 or 5 this year that Rhule coached. And thats the scary part of Wilks. The lows were actually lower than what Rhule did this year. And we acknowledge he was a bum. 

Damn, I didn't even consider this and I didn't want Wilks to begin with. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

The players want to play for Wilks!

Also the players, let’s let a Trubisky led Steelers team walk the ball right down our throats for 3 hours 

The division tried gifting us a playoff spot but Wilks and co. let Brady and Evans absolutely torch us

Wilks and these guys had their chance and they didn’t do anything with it. Why in the hell would anyone want more of this?

And those guys, the core will remember that...

They fought hard no matter the win/losses...this team was dysfunctional for 3 years, and Wilks had one game to win to make the playoffs with them. 

If you give Wilks a team and tell him he has no say what so ever and he takes them to 3-13

Now you tell Wilks to take a team that's already been set in stone without his help he gets them to 6-6

How would a Wilks take over look like?

To me damn the coach if the QB sucks...so if Wilks sees his Josh Allen let it be for the love of god

6 minutes ago, GuessWhosBack said:

And those guys, the core will remember that...

Well the Tampa loss came soon after the “protect the bank” week loss against Pittsburgh

Didn’t seem like they remembered much. 

And core pieces like Burns and Brown who have been most vocal about Wilks showed up the least in Tampa

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

If I was Tepper:

just hire Wilks(moral), start searching for an OC(entertainment), hire Lovie Smith as DC(SB experience defense) , get the Bears #2 pick  or whatever it takes to draft our QB(Young)(Franchise Player)...and go into training camp...let the rest play out how it may...

Stop trying to outsmart myself.

29 minutes ago, GuessWhosBack said:

He was set up to fail...Kliff n Murray...

But he learned from that...hence the full control he said he wanted from go in his last interview when asked what he learned from his time in AZ

He said the Head Coach...not Gm..not owner..but Head Coach sets the tone for the BUILDING

Talk. All that is. Heard enough of that when Rivera was head coach. Wilks losses this year proved he didn’t learn. 

• The D 1

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Well the Tampa loss came soon after the “protect the bank” week loss against Pittsburgh

And core pieces like Burns and Brown who have been most vocal about Wilks showed up the least in Tampa

And even against the Saints, we were bailed out by Sam fuging Darnold turning into Sam Newton and, after completing like one total pass, throwing a dart to move us into FG position. Admittedly Burns wasn't playing but our team looked dead...

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, Varking said:

I hear your argument but can you show me some examples of folks who took over on an interim basis and then coached the team better in year two?

If I do then that is the exception, right. The problem is that history doesn't always predict success especially when you go from the macro to the individual case. The best indicator of his success is to project the amount of improvement he made and assume he will continue to do so. Aren't we assuming that if we bring in a new head coach with no experience that he will improve over time even though we have plenty of examples where that wasn't always the case like Rhule.  So using that logic we wouldn't bring in anybody 

7 minutes ago, GuessWhosBack said:

If I was Tepper:

just hire Wilks(moral), start searching for an OC(entertainment), hire Lovie Smith as DC(SB experience defense) , get the Bears #2 pick  or whatever it takes to draft our QB(Young)(Franchise Player)...and go into training camp...let the rest play out how it may...

Stop trying to outsmart myself.

Thank god you are not the owner. 

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Varking said:

This was not Wilks rookie year. He went 3-13 in Arizona where he coached the team to a worse offense and defense than the year prior so they fired him after giving him a four year deal. 

Then call him a first year coach with this franchise.  I don't know anyone still saying he got a fair shot at Arizona or using it as justification for not hiring him this year. 

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Burns didn't, as usual.  But Brown was playing his ass off. But one man does not a dline make. I watched him on nearly every down. He was playing his ass off and did in the last game as well. He needs someone other than McCall beside him. Not to discredit McCall but he is limited to 3rd downs. Brown plays until he has to come out for a breather. He needs  some help on the line and his teammates are not stepping up.

• Pie 1

Love wilks but if you bring him back we know what we’re getting. I don’t have a problem with Tepper hiring someone outside the box like he did with rhule. The problem was holding onto him when it was very obvious after his second year that he sucked.

I don’t want Tepper to just go with an average HC because it’s safe. Take some risk, make a splash if doesn’t work out know when to cut and run. I’m looking at Ben Johnson, Kafka and Steichen as the top 3 with Ryan as the fourth. We need to try something new. Get a true offensive mind pair him with a talented qb and see what happens. Just breath some fuging life into this franchise.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1