• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Line

Stuart Smith

29 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I honestly think they should take less overall for a fully guaranteed contract and I don't see any positive for making longer deals in that scenario. I don't want Lamar because he wants both.

Is he worth a big contract? Sure. Fully guaranteed at that level for more than 2 or 3 years? Hell no thank you very much. Hate it for him but the Ravens are smart to just tag and trade him to someone dumb enough to make that mistake. I just don't see how it's going to work or make the game better, it's already hobbled 2 teams for years more. 

I don't expect to see players stop trying anytime soon, I just hope more teams don't cave into doing deals like that.

I don't mind it as much because I tend to lean heavily towards the players on the labor issue. 

That said, I don't know that I would want Lamar on a fully guaranteed deal either.

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Re: The Cap

From what I've read, what the Saints have been doing for the last several years is now pretty much SOP for teams all over the league.

So if you're one of those folks who's been waiting for that "next year" when we're suddenly going to have a ton of cap space to load up on free agents and whatnot, you should probably just abandon that hope.

This is how it's done now...

Better be damn sure that you don't load up on contracts for marginal players, like Matt Kalil...

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

image.gif

Edited by bythenbrs

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't mind it as much because I tend to lean heavily towards the players on the labor issue. 

That said, I don't know that I would want Lamar on a fully guaranteed deal either.

Usually but this isn't one for me. The only way it makes sense to me is capping it on 2 or 3 year deals or it's just too big of a gamble IMO. 

No doubt the O-line as a unit improved this year. Yet I still have my concerns, especially with pass protection. At times, it looked okay but seemed it broke down more than it should've considered how run heavy we ended up going. Ickey, specifically, made costly errors at key moments which I'm hoping can be chalked up to inexperience. Also concerned about Moton's durability and so I would aim to find an eventual successor now.

I'm in the mindset of always drafting an Ugly or two every year because while finding a franchise QB is important, so is protecting them. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You are doing the classic thing that you do, inventing arguments in your head that I am not making. 

You can take what I said at face value or just fill in the blanks with whatever is bouncing around in your head.

I will let you continue that argument with yourself.

I’m inventing? You’re the one who claimed the system was unfair to certain teams. Then it was cheap owners. On to the “accounting trick”. Now the deflection of its my fault you were wrong. Just finish the cycle and call me a troll because of me being a Steelers fan. That’s the protocol when folks run out evidence that could prove their point 

I’ll put my track record with the cap and how it works to the test anytime. 

3 hours ago, outlaw4 said:

No doubt the O-line as a unit improved this year. Yet I still have my concerns, especially with pass protection. At times, it looked okay but seemed it broke down more than it should've considered how run heavy we ended up going. Ickey, specifically, made costly errors at key moments which I'm hoping can be chalked up to inexperience. Also concerned about Moton's durability and so I would aim to find an eventual successor now.

I'm in the mindset of always drafting an Ugly or two every year because while finding a franchise QB is important, so is protecting them. 

The run blocking was very hit or miss as well.  They pushed some bad defenses around, but got pushed around by better defenses.  There's room for improvement there if we are going to have a run heavy attack.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

4 hours ago, PanthersGTI said:

To be honest, I wouldn't be mad if we drafted 2 offensive linemen each year. 

There are three postions Id believe you should EVERY single year use on(barring huge trade packages).

First is - DL simple they rotate and have injuries

2nd- WR thats right, I follow what the steelers and GB do for WRs, their vaule

3rd- OL its the hardest group to coach and gain depth....

If you have the 7-8 picks, use 3 resources on DL, WR, and OL. All have value. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, Toomers said:

I’m inventing? You’re the one who claimed the system was unfair to certain teams. Then it was cheap owners. On to the “accounting trick”. Now the deflection of its my fault you were wrong. Just finish the cycle and call me a troll because of me being a Steelers fan. That’s the protocol when folks run out evidence that could prove their point 

I’ll put my track record with the cap and how it works to the test anytime. 

Yeah, this is literally what I am talking about.

15 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

The run blocking was very hit or miss as well.  They pushed some bad defenses around, but got pushed around by better defenses.  There's room for improvement there if we are going to have a run heavy attack.

Lions and Seahawks were both near the bottom on rush defense so those performances were outliers. Hate keep going back to the Steelers game but that was the game that told me the Uglies were not as good as people thought they were. 

• Pie 1

Here is my guy I think we should target.  I think he could be a baby Bozeman.  Big bodied center, pulls well, and is really strong.  Additionally, he has position flexibility along the interior.  Ladies and gentlemen your mid round steal Joe (great mullet) Tippmann

https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/joe-tippmann-b6994694-fab6-4281-9688-d006948d0aef/